How to learn Mechanical Engineering basics?

i am doing my B.E. mechanical engineering .......
how should we learnt the basics ?
how it help to me duriing my work?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm assuming that you are in the first year of mechanical engineering studies. The best way to learn mechanical engineering is to grab a good, recommended book and start reading it with curiosity. If I'm not mistaken, the basics of mechanical engineering are the ones that most of us have learnt during 10+2. It's basically mechanics - and you'll have little difficulty understanding the basics of mechanical engineering if you understand the basics of mechanics.

I'm not sure of your last question. Being genuinely interested in the subject is the sure-shot way of mastering it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    abinanth
    Read the books. 👍 Read them for the interest in the subject and not for the exams, that's the way you learn the basics and beyond.
  • anjali zendre
    anjali zendre
    abinanth
    if u want to know about all basics of mechanical engineering. u should be get knowledge of thermodynamics,mechanics, strength of material,material science etc. this are basics which help to understand all the subjects.
    example:thermodynamic subject help to understand power plant engineering,refrigeration and air conditioning,internal combination engine etc.
    u should select some books and try to understood all basics concepts.ant try to relate this basic concept on other related subject u will understood how the basics help to understood the things.
    if u wanna know about thermodynamic u refer p.k. nag. and get all basics.this will help u very well.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    get any book titled "Mechanical engineering: An overview".

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The popular media player VLC has released VLC 2.0.4 with the much awaited opus code support. According to the release notes, the latest update brings a number of fixes and...
Microsoft is all set to shake the world with Windows 8 operating system release along with it's own rival to the iPad, Samsung tablets and the Kindle fire called the...
By now, the news must've reached every gadget freak here that Samsung and Google have launched the new ultra-slim Chromebook. It will run on an operating system revolving around Google’s...
Here's a thread dedicated to the 'full form' of the most common abbreviations used in daily life and in professional world. I'm quite sure, over a period of time, it...
Discuss anything about the atom in this thread. New experiments, old ones, what we don't know yet and what possibilities exist out there. I have a question, I came across...