fantastic idea,,,help

I am interested in making an application for the deaf wherein the voice message at the caller end will be transmitted in the form of data packets such that they appear in the form of text messages at the reciever's end. As the reciever is a deaf person, he would use an instrument which has a LED that glows when he recieves a voice message.(instead of a ringtone). His reply to the same would be in the form of a text message which would be converted to voice at the other end. Please suggest a practical way to implement this (or something similar)as a final year project(BE)

kindly give me guidance on it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok, what help you do need?
  • rohit bisht
    rohit bisht
    actually this thought came to my mind dis afternoon...but nw i want to implement it as my project...but have no clue .
    i think it should have a voice senser ,a ADC for the conversion of analog to digital and a group of LED's as a display to be read by a deaf person. . correct me if i'am wrong.
    how should i proceed,??
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    How about using Speech Synthesis? You can convert Text written by a deaf person into speech and transmit that data, and Voice Recognition to convert voice into text.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    I have a suggestion for Rohit...instead of using an LED to alert the deaf person about the incoming call...u will want to check out the the vibrating feature in our mobiles...it ll work better!
    @Gaurav-your idea is nice..but if a daf person can text,then he'll use the text message,he needn't use the Voice and Speech conversion software.
  • rohit bisht
    rohit bisht
    ok shreyasm . I would appreciate u,bt we are talkin about live call, and not text massegin. therefor we will require a speech coversion software , so that when a deaf person writes the msg, that will be converted into voice signal so that is can be heard at the other end.,

hope i was able to make myself clear,,
    do reply on this. what do you think.?
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @Rohit-ok..got it.First of all, only the deaf person's device should have all the special features. If you expect normal people to have additional software & hardware it won't be feasible. So you have to make sure that the incoming voice call will be decoded in the same manner as normal calls and then convert the audio heard into text. Plz refer to this wiki link [​IMG]. You will realise that speech conversion takes place only in certain predefined languages and is difficult to implement. Don't wanna discourage you but you'll have to incorporate the addtnl hardware too. Can we have something which won't play the voice call but internally convert the signal into text format. It sounds a bit futuristic but I'm not aware if such a technology exists.
  • r_guna_sekar
    r_guna_sekar
    i think i can help u on this....

connect a GSM unit with the PC, divert all calls to PC and their u can covert speech in to text then send it as txt msg to deaf person....

i can help u more on this... if u like...
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @r_guna-but Rohit wants to make a portable mobile unit.How will it be possible to carry a PC????
    @Rohit-I think all you need is a text-to-speech and vice versa conversion software.
  • r_guna_sekar
    r_guna_sekar
    shreyasm89
    @r_guna-but Rohit wants to make a portable mobile unit.How will it be possible to carry a PC????
    @Rohit-I think all you need is a text-to-speech and vice versa conversion software.
    use the PC has Server, divert all call from deaf person mobile to GSM module which connects with PC , then you can convert the voice in to text , then send the text as a SMS to deaf person's mobile ...

So no need to carry a PC ....... 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was thinking there could be a way in which the piracy copies could be tracked. I don't know much about data security,but is it possible to encode a unique...
========================================================= Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences Call for Research Papers Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences- An International Journal ISSN: 2079-8407 ========================================================= Dear...
I have observed something today , I have observed that there is option to set background image for google page for our login. It is taking sometime to load though!
Hi , I have a project topic which flashed my mind....but not sure whether its possible or not. For files to be transfered from one usb to another, we require...
I'm simply copy-pasting them from our inbox. Engineering standards in India should go up. See - Name: Anoop | Contact Phone: 96XXXXX67 | CE ID: an---l I wish to work...