Facebook allowing kids Under-13 to create an account. Good or Bad?

By a patent filled by Facebook (link #-Link-Snipped-#), they are now allowing even kids under-13 to create an account as long as they receive an approval from the parents.

From the application, Facebook could devise software that analyzes the locations of the two users, or their photos and other posts, to confirm their relationship. Users could be asked to answer questions or identify profile photos of other contacts they have on the site. The application even suggests using algorithms to check the account of the purported “parent,” to see if it shows routine or suspicious interactions with e-commerce or online banking sites that adults typically use.

What do you think of this move from Facebook?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Does any smart kid really follows this, unless parent is not blocking Facebook on their internet device?☕.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I don't like children to access FBespecially early teens. It makes them so addicted and i had seen many cases( my relatives - not one but many) just seeking FB-- for other activities .They were easily attracted to many pages and an easy target for hackers.
    They don't have matured knowledge to access and set the privacy setting.Now its a trend to just post a pic and awaiting likes for it.Frequently logging in and checking .
    I don't want them to miss their childhood days and dwell in pc or phones for false recognition .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Facebook's dying a slow death.
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    Of course, it's a good idea!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Facebook at every age is harmful! It turns man/woman to sneaky bastards.
    Switch to Google+,The Only Social Networking Website For Nerds.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    You can't blame addiction - it's human nature. Facebook is a different genre of addiction. And to allow this addiction to sweep in at an early age is madness.

But when you look at it from an other angle:
    Kids these days have every scope of getting spoiled. Internet is already naked in front, and so is Television. So keeping in touch via Facebook would 'seem' okay. Depends totally on parents decision.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    FB is not allowing even kids under-13
    to create an account as long as they
    receive an approval from the parents.May be these rules may be there.But nowadays children's are too smart. They are creating an mail id as 18 +(age)yrs.so they can easily access the Facebook.FB is not harmful or waste of time if you taught like that then mistake is yours.Because All good things behind bad thing there.childwood is the age where they dnt know whats good.INTERNET is developing and attracting all over the world .But no one is stepping to create a privacy to stop using facebook nd etc. under 13-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have a genuine windows 8 on my laptop, if i update it to windows 8.1 do i have to get a new registration key for that to make it...
For more than three years Mozilla has been developing a JavaScript tailored, WebGL utilizing browser based gaming engine called PlayCanvas. PlayCanvas is a JavaScript library engineered for the video game...
I have a confution to choose my final year project.
Ford has unveiled a lightweight concept car that weighs 700 pounds (about 318 Kg) less than its in-market mid-sized family sedan counterpart, the Ford Fusion. Ford managed to achieve this...
Hi Everyone, Find more real time project Ideas here https://www.facebook.com/embeddedproject thanks, Ashok r