Experienced instrumentation engineers wanted urgently....

O.K,please help me, i need help ASAP

i have a little challenge and i have been on it for the past 4 days now. we did an experiment with a thermistor, and ii took the reading of the thermistor both while heating the thermistor,and while it was cooling. (from 20 degree - 70 degree). got my reading, and i plot the graph of Ln R Against 1/T to get the intercept and slope for my A and B

R= r A exp(B/T)

and i have a non linear graph, i have calculated the non linearity and the sensitivity of this thermistor, but the question for this experiment is "design a model to make this thermistor have a linear characteristic."

i have been on it for 4 days now, and am not just heading anywhere.. i need your help sir, how do i go abt it, and how do i calculate the variable i need....

i saw this site

#-Link-Snipped-#

and even got more confused, because i dnt know what type of thermistor it is. but all i know is the thermistor has a very very thin finger and a plier like shape.

please sir, how can you help me. I am freaking out and confused.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    "design a model to make this thermistor have a linear characteristic."

You can only develop an algorithm to linearise the graph. The behaviour of the thermistor is strictly governed by the material it is made of. It may be a Positive Temperature coefficient material or a Negative Temperature Coefficient one. If your semilog plot is linear you have achieved your goal.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here is a set of semilog linear graphs:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BigRock.com is a new venture by Directi, the Indian company behind LogicBoxes, ResellerClub, Webhosting.info and Skenzo. BigRock aims to solve the problem for startups, home-based businesses and SMEs of building,...
can somebody tell me how can we distinguish between programables ic's and normal ic's
Hello! Everyone!I'm new here and I have a problem in mechnical drawing....I'm in position of design and drawing drafts by CAD, but my colleague always change my drafts. What's worse,...
TiEcon Nagpur 2011 is Central India's largest conference on entrepreneurship, and shall witness prominent entrepreneurs, professionals, thought leaders presenting their views in well structured panel discussions, my story sessions. Seminars...
I've noticed an interesting trend over the past few years. Any technology that gets old in the developed countries is introduced in India. It applies to major tech-products as well....