ES's Mathematical Puzzle - 3

This is an interesting question asked by my friend..

D O
+ Y O U
+ F E E L
= L U C K Y

Substitute one digit for each letter such that the sum works?

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here is answer :
    D=6
    O=3
    Y=5
    U=2
    F=1
    E=8
    L=0
    C=4
    K=7

the sum will be,
    + 531
    + 1880

Am I right?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    L cannot be zero dude the answer is incorrect 😔 just check it again we have another solution.
    Since we are pointing to a 5 digit number 0 cannot be the starting digit.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Hey, you dont told me earlier that L cant be zero. Anyway I will try to find another solution.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Dude if we going with numbers then a 5- digit number's first digit will not be zero , if its zero it becomes a 4 -digit number.
    So i guess there is no need to mention that anyways try again all the best 😀
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    How about this answer :
    D=5,O=7,Y=8,U=0,F=9,E=4,L=1,C=3,K=6.
    The sum w¨¬ll be
    + 870
    + 9441
    ________
    =10368
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yep this is also correct 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am a 3rd year B.tech student in Information Technology stream. I am very nervous as i could not understand what to do and where to go in this...
Hi Guys, This time I am fully loaded with a programming Challenge, all the programming language's are allowed 😉. Here is the Problem: This is a classic problems. The Tower...
This is my favorite topic and I can't stop discussing it infinite times. I'm still to find better answers. I always believed bicycles could be modified to make them smoother...
We are conducting a series of FREE workshops which are targeted at: 1. Helping you understand what a company looks for in a particular employee 2. Discovering your qualities (mental...
hello..hai ...namste.I am Madhav studying B.E in BIT Mesra,ranchi (2nd year completed) E.C.E branch.I like to make the most of this forum... let us see 😛