Engineering College 'Mass Bunk' Experiences Sharing

I remember I was in the first year of engineering and we had learned a totally new concept called "Mass Bunk". The first ever mass bunk that we organized in our college got us into Head Of The Department (also the Principal) cabin and were 'released' on 'first and final warning'. 😲

I hate to admit that but there was never a 'unity' in our class; which is an important criteria for any mass bunk to be successful. The 'toppers' in the class would find out a way to enter the classroom without our knowledge only to impress the lecturers and professors (I always wondered how effective it was). But in fact those students always scored more internal marks than the rest of us.

'Mass Bunk' is no doubt and integral part of engineering student's life. Why not share your own stories, experience of organizing, getting caught after a mass bunk? Looking forward to interesting comments! πŸ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Though its not really 'good' to admit, but I have always been the one ready to bunk the classes. πŸ˜›
    The class representative (CR) would try very hard to organize mass bunk (this was done because, if no one attends the class, our overall attendance percentage did not go down). But as Biggie said, the first-benchers or toppers would always have some reason to attend the classes. πŸ˜”
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    AbraKaDabra
    Though its not really 'good' to admit, but I have always been the one ready to bunk the classes. πŸ˜›
    The class representative (CR) would try very hard to organize mass bunk (this was done because, if no one attends the class, our overall attendance percentage did not go down). But as Biggie said, the first-benchers or toppers would always have some reason to attend the classes. πŸ˜”
    ya AKD we also do the same thing in our college.
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    +1 on the 'No unity' part. In the 3 months of a semester, I'm up for Mass Bunks during the first two. The third month is a little crucial because I'm trying to make up for the absence during the previous two months. Simple and straight strategy, but always saves me from the 'critical defaulters' list.' Oh, the horror of making it to a critical defaulters' list.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We also have a 'detention list' system for poor attendance. But in it, all they do is either send letters to the defaulter's parents or ask them to attend classes for 2 week without absence.

PS: For almost the 90% of the class attending 2 weeks of classes is really a good idea against the 2 long months. 😁
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    No unity from my College Class batch. Mean Self-centered guys. πŸ˜›
    But however the week before exams it's an obvious Mass Bunk.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We have a problem with engineers being united (except possible exception of CE πŸ˜‰ )
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    AbraKaDabra
    We also have a 'detention list' system for poor attendance. But in it, all they do is either send letters to the defaulter's parents or ask them to attend classes for 2 week without absence.

PS: For almost the 90% of the class attending 2 weeks of classes is really a good idea against the 2 long months. 😁
    OMG !! That's bad !!πŸ˜”
    Even we have a mandatory 75% Cut off in Attendance + a relaxation of 25% due to Medical/Academic Leave. Therefore, almost 50% in all cases. Even if someone fails to do so, he/she is debarred from the final Exams.

Some of our teachers were humble in 1st two Semesters that they hardly take attendance and in case they took, No Problem at all as they would give full attendance to everybody. But the more semesters passes by in your College Life, more meaner teachers you encounter who'll force you to come college and lesser the interest and willingness you develop on attending those boring classes. πŸ˜›
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    The_Big_K
    We have a problem with engineers being united (except possible exception of CE πŸ˜‰ )
    Truly said, Biggy. πŸ˜‰
    That's the only DAMN reason I come back here.
    and therefore, I'm Proud To Be a CEan.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Our college is very very strict at attendance. We've to answer our HOD even if we have one day leave. Even though we have had a few mass bunks now and then. The bad luck is I'm the CR of my class, so I have to attend, otherwise I've to answer our HOD, principal on behalf of our class and have to bear their big 'class'. So I always say NO to mass bunks in the first 2 years and I attended the classes even on mass bunk days πŸ‘Ž All my classmates used to scold me but couldn't do anything. Later on I got the concept of unity and I threw all my fear and joined my hands with my classmates πŸ‘

The one unforgettable mass bunk was on the new year day. All the branches of all the years were planned a cake cutting program by our Chairman. And we don't want to make it happen due to some reasons. Hence it results in a Mass Bunk of CSE and it was successfully done 😁
    The day later we are not allowed in to our classes, Principal sir asked all of us to bring our parents and we requested them for 3 hours and finally we were allowed with some fine amount.
    We've many many experiences like this...I can't forget them. Missing my college.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    😁 Mass Bunks πŸ˜€ always involved, πŸ˜›. In our college, EEE is an exception from all other branches as we're known for our unity. If there is a Mass Bunk, EEE stands first for the usefulness of our career.

Our first year, it was synonym for mugging of syllabus; daily assignments were there every day where we had to copy them from text book so that we can remember the concept. One day, we fought for it and then somehow managed to cancel those assignments which then turned out rather worse. They changed those daily assignments concept to daily exams which made the things worse. After getting sick of those too, we, one day wrote, "We hate exams on class board" and went out of the class, the students those remained in the classes also had written nothing. It made entire faculty mad at us but finally they have cancelled everything and started conducting seminar’s which the best idea was so far as our results had also improved later.

Later, it was the darkest day in our B.tech career, my friend, who used to sit beside me on same bench had committed suicide for reason, failing in exam(or ... may be something else πŸ˜›). That day, Our HOD had only given permission to four students which include me and three others. That day was also one of the beautiful in B.tech life as well. Everyone in the class stood for him and a mass bunk was executed and fortunately, for his luck even after drinking 1liter of insect pest. He was alive. All of us was very happy even though, it was a suicide event, we planted jokes at each other on that day as well. The Sun broke through into his life out of the bright azure skies even when it was the darkest days, which can turn his life into deepest sorrow. Thanks to all those prayers that was done for him.

These two things stood out of our engineering career, as an example of spirit of what can be changed or done with unity among us. All faculties in our final year appreciated us for being united, even though many from other departments don't like us because of same reason. They had shown good respect for our department and even our faculty had danced with us on our farewell day, hard to leave us and even some cried with happiness. "A Bunk is a bunk but when it was done for a purpose, united then it'll dig beautiful memories into your past."
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Mr.Don
    😁 Mass Bunks πŸ˜€ always involved, πŸ˜›. In our college, .EEE is an exception from all other branches as we're known for our unity If there is a Mass Bunk, EEE stands first for the usefulness of our career.
    Yes, You are known for unity πŸ‘

"A Bunk is a bunk but when it was done for a purpose, united then it'll dig beautiful memories into your past."
    Wonderful!
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    "A Bunk is a bunk but when it was done for a purpose, united then it'll dig beautiful memories into your past."
    Well said #-Link-Snipped-#.
    #-Link-Snipped-# you are damn right. Topers will always have their own reasons to attend classes. We used to have mass bunks only in in exams season.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    In my class, its totally different. The toppers and first bench students will stand first for mass bunks. But we wont to mass bunk for exam, assignments etc. Whenever college works on Saturday, or is there any program conducted in the college without involving us, then there will be a sure mass bunk.
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    There is something known as the "tyranny of the majority" , mass bunk is an example of it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Taking GATE exam this year was an interesting experience for all. It is said by the officials that GATE 2012 results will be announced on March 15, 2012 at 10:00...
CS/IT engineers may rejoice. The latest stable version 2.4 of the popular HTTP web server 'Apache' has been released after a long wait of 6 years. There are a ton...
hi, after Long time posting something. Actually i joined wipro technologies on 17th Jan 2011. Got 3 months initial training on .Net . after that due to shortage of project...
Google's just released 'Chat For Google' official extension that lets you keep in touch with your contacts in your 'Google+ Circles' & Gmail contacts even when you are not in...
Several blogs have been writing about the possible kick to London based DataWind - the company that manufactures Aakash tablets to be sold at a price of 2500 - 3000...