Enable google.com/related - Browsing Assistant - Try it out!

Google Related is a browsing assistant tool that gives additional information about the topics you are browsing on the web.

For example, if you’re browsing a page about a restaurant in San Francisco, Google Related will assist you by displaying useful information about this restaurant such as the location of the restaurant on a map, user reviews, related restaurants in the area, and other webpages related to San Francisco restaurants - all in one place.

Whenever you’re navigating to a new page, Google Related will look for interesting related content and, if available, display it in a bar at the bottom of your page. Google Related can display categories such as videos, news articles, maps, reviews, images, web sites and more. To preview a listed item or see additional items, just use your mouse to hover over different categories in the bar. For example, when you hover over a video link, the video pops up in a preview box and you can play the video directly on the page.

Google Related only works for users who have configured Toolbar’s search site to be Google.com.

Follow the directions below to enable or disable this feature for all webpages:

1. Click the Toolbar's wrench [​IMG] icon.
  2. On the Privacy tab, select (or deselect) the “Use Google Related to discover interesting content about the pages you're viewing” checkbox.
  3. Click Save.

Google Related operates by analyzing the publicly available data for webpages. Sometime a given webpage may not contain enough information in order for Google Related to provide accurate or useful information. In that case Google Related will simply not show up on the page.
Currently, Google Related appears mostly on English webpages as well as news articles, local business pages, shopping pages, and general information sites. We are working on improving our coverage and to include additional pages and languages.

You can easily dismiss or disable the Google Related bar for specific webpages and websites.

• To dismiss the bar for the page you’re on, simply click the close button (x) button on the right side of the bar.
  • To disable the bar on specific sites and pages, click Options and select either Hide for this page or Hide for entire site.
To understand what it is and how it works, check this:

[video=youtube;r4rlWygcJqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rlWygcJqI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's in news that the new Wii console will be released in the UK around December. According to Nintendo, the console is a streamlined white Wii with a slightly altered...
Steps to follow: 1. Check: You should be running the latest version of Google Maps for Android. 2. Go to Menu > More > Labs. Scroll down to "Bubble Buttons"...
HI frnds i m basically from EC back ground. now i want to study my self ASP.NET, so can any one tell how shall i begin pls help me out
I couldn't find a user-generated list of best iPad 2 apps ever. If you are an iPad user, please list down your favorite apps and let us know the reason...
GearMech 2k11 is a National Level Technical Symposium organized by mechanical department of Sengunthar Engineering College on September 6th 2011. The events are: PAPER PRESENTATION - Topics are: Advanced vehicle...