CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Abhishek Rawal • 06 Aug, 2015 • 2 likes
On 17th of March, DRI3 support was added to xf86-video-ati. However, to enable DRI3, you have to edit xorg.conf in order to enable it.
Commit link : https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/dr.../?id=64e1e4dbdd3caee6f5d8f6b6c094b4533fa94953

1) Create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf (Name of the file doesn't really matter, just make sure it sends with .conf) and add the following lines :
Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Radeon"
   Driver      "radeon"
   Option      "DRI3"
EndSection
Save the file, and reboot the system.

2) Now, check whether DRI3 is enabled or not by looking at Xorg.0.log file located at /var/log.
Here's how mine looks like after enabling DRI3 :
aaa15

Or simply check as :
aaa16
@Hi-Angel • 11 Dec, 2015 Great, thanks, that worked on Ubuntu too - there wasn't the directory though, but upon creation everything works.

There's one thing that bothers me, though - below the «DRI3 enabled» I also see the line:

(II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
Is that bad?
@Abhishek Rawal • 11 Dec, 2015 • 1 like
Hi-Angel
Great, thanks, that worked on Ubuntu too - there wasn't the directory though, but upon creation everything works.

There's one thing that bothers me, though - below the «DRI3 enabled» I also see the line:

(II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
Is that bad?
Nope, you're good. 👍
3.2k views

Related Posts

@Ramamurthi · May 25, 2014

Hello crazy engineers' friends , First off I'd like to congratulate you for the excellent work . You guys are doing a great job . Keep it up . Now...
5.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 24, 2014

A team of researchers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is working on a Gecko-inspired technology that could be used to build tools that could tightly grip or hold-on to...
4.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 22, 2014

Hero Motorcorp has launched its latest 150cc motorcycle - the 2014 Hero Xtreme in India today. Available in four color options - Blue, Orange, White and Red, the Hero Xtreme...
16.3k views

@pratap singh, upendra · Jun 16, 2013

I recently learnt that the best color to make an umbrella for use inn summers is to have white surface on the top and the bottom surface painted black. What...
6.4k views

@safdarvahora · Aug 2, 2012

I want to place an event in college tech fest in electronics department. So i want ideas of different events which can be placed in the tech fest.
6.9k views