Enable DRI3 For AMD Radeon's Xorg Drivers.

On 17th of March, DRI3 support was added to xf86-video-ati. However, to enable DRI3, you have to edit xorg.conf in order to enable it.
Commit link : Freedesktop xf86 Video

1) Create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-radeon.conf (Name of the file doesn't really matter, just make sure it sends with .conf) and add the following lines :
Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Radeon"
   Driver      "radeon"
   Option      "DRI3"
EndSection
Save the file, and reboot the system.

2) Now, check whether DRI3 is enabled or not by looking at Xorg.0.log file located at /var/log.
Here's how mine looks like after enabling DRI3 :
aaa15

Or simply check as :
aaa16

Replies

• Hi-Angel
    Hi-Angel
    Great, thanks, that worked on Ubuntu too - there wasn't the directory though, but upon creation everything works.

There's one thing that bothers me, though - below the «DRI3 enabled» I also see the line:

(II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
    Is that bad?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hi-Angel
    Great, thanks, that worked on Ubuntu too - there wasn't the directory though, but upon creation everything works.

There's one thing that bothers me, though - below the «DRI3 enabled» I also see the line:

(II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
    Is that bad?
    Nope, you're good. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please help me with a problem. I need to know how many batteries will be for UPS 120 kVA with 1. battery : 3x40x100 Ah 2. second type battery 2x62x120...
The german brand has unveiled the BMW Mini Countryman for Indian market at a price of Rs. 36.5 lakh. The new Countryman has had subtle design modifications on both the...
I am interested in some of the projects can you please suggest which is the best and please send the links for the resources of the project 1.wind induced vibrations...
WhatsApp for iOS version 2.12.5 brings lot of goodies requested by users for a long time now. WhatsApp engineers have rolled out an update that lets the users define custom...
The launch of smartphones by Asus, or as they call it – the Zen festival which was held in the country’s capital was a highly awaited and hugely attended event....