Electronics Forum

1. How about having trade specific forums. I 4 one wud voutch 4 an elec forum.

2. i m not findin much of engineerin stuff out thr. barring one or 2 i suggest 2 remove d topics which r not related 2 engineerin.
tat may help in motivatin ppl into real stuff.

do consider em, man.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a wonderful suggestion, Prady ๐Ÿ˜€

1. How about having trade specific forums. I 4 one wud voutch 4 an elec forum.
    Discussions on having trade specific forums are in progress. The idea behind CE forums is to provide a common place for discussions to engineers who come from different trades.
    With the new system in place, we'll create trade specific sub-forums under technical discussions. What say? ๐Ÿ˜€

2. i m not findin much of engineerin stuff out thr. barring one or 2 i suggest 2 remove d topics which r not related 2 engineerin.
    Agree! CE forum is still a baby (about to complete its 2 months of existance ๐Ÿ˜€ ). Right now, I'm working on getting the structure of forums right. Every suggestion is taken into account. We'll definately have engineering related discussions. Next, we shouldn't restrict ourselves to technical discussions only . A lot can be achieved (i'm not hinting anything ๐Ÿ˜ ) if engineers work together and I do have a few crazy plans in pipeline. Let's see how things work out.

Let's work on making CE forums a better place ! ๐Ÿ˜€

and yeh, let's start having fun ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • pradypop
    pradypop
    Thanks 4 ur response.

I agree that sub-forums would be better idea.

the trouble with present format wud b tat i might not be able to start gettin into thins like say, linux/device drivers etc., while a lot of d 230 members might be more interested in stress strain analysis.

i do understand tat u need bit more time 2 evolve d structure.

anyways gr8 goin mate.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks Prady! ๐Ÿ˜€

I've been getting mails to have sub-forums. Honestly speaking, I'm not happy with the current forum structure. I'll work on the restructuring of forums over next few days.

We will start off with CS/IT & Electronics sub-forums and add more if members demand. I did not create trade specific forums earlier because -

1. I wanted to avoid unnecessary grouping of our fellow CEans. For example, electronics engineers will directly head over to Electronics forum and won't even bother about looking into Civil/Mechanical/CS forums. Idea behind CE forums is to encourage interaction between engineers from different trades. We may take up a few projects on CE forums. I'm not hinting anything; its just a crazy idea ๐Ÿ˜

2. We did not have facility to create sub-forums. Now, with the upgraded system we can have sub-forums. So I will work on putting up sub-forums at appropriate places. Do let me know if you have any ideas about it.

-The Big K-
  • pradypop
    pradypop
    one more thing biggie. with so many sub topics i m findin it difficult to keep a tap on all the threads. so i suggest,

1. Keep max no of sub topics to say 5.
    2 A topic which links to all the threads irrespective of the head under which it was started, with latest thread first. that could help us to have access to all the current threads at a single place.

this may also encourage ppl to post on threads which does not belong to their trade.

n ya let the fun bigin.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. Keep max no of sub topics to say 5.
    2 A topic which links to all the threads irrespective of the head under which it was started, with latest thread first. that could help us to have access to all the current threads at a single place.
    ..and that's what I'm actually working on ๐Ÿ˜€ . First of all, I want to display all the sections (forums) on one page without having to scroll. Suggestion #2 is fantastic. All current posts will be listed on the front page (index.htm) of crazyengineers website. But I need some more time to set it up. Forum reorganization is first priority [โ€‹IMG] .

Thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to more suggestions. ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello people.. i am prerparing a project on "Computer Brain Interface".. so if u all cud help with some information or suggest me some sites,i'll be really grateful.. thanku..
I am in final year of electronic enGG. I wanted some suggestions regarding my FYP. Being Electronic Students I want a project that involves most of the related fields like...
I am 4th year engineering students, will graduate in 2006, had 3 month work experience in mining project. Can you guys tell me how can i get a good job...
Hey All ๐Ÿ˜€ ! I'm glad to present you the 'Electrical & Electronics Forum' ๐Ÿ˜ . Feel free to post your queries, doubts related to Eletrical & Electronics engineering here....
CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ ! I'm glad to announce the new CS & I.T. forum on CE forums ๐Ÿ˜ . Now we have a place dedicated to all computer related discussions. Let...