CrazyEngineers
  • In first and foremost unit of Electromagnetics Engineering, I read about different co-ordinate systems :
    - Cartesian (Rectangular)
    - Cylindrical
    - Spherical

I know the advantage of Cylindrical co-ordinate system over Cartesian system in EM, but couldn't understand advantage of Spherical co-ordinate system over Cylindrical system.
    Why Sperical co-ordinate system is preferred for EM analysis. What's the basic reason behind that ?

Sorry, If I sound dumb, but I am not very good in mathematics, so please explain me with bit detail 'cause it's gonna take sometime to understand fully.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • arunchary

MemberJul 9, 2013

As i know that an electromagnetic waves which are generated in the form of spherical are study in maximum cases .so that because am thinking and also because our earth magnetic field analysis be driven in spherical coordinates for proper understanding.as we did an experiment on spherical water drop concept to understand the density of electron in a field.am also need some clarification, though we know the applications.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • arunchary

MemberJul 9, 2013

hi abhishek, some information in following pdf

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register