Dune Series - Frank Herbert

Its a collection of 5 or more books, and what LoTR is to fantasy, Dune is to sci-fi. This book series is a must read for all those who have seen the movie (Dune 1983) and played the games (Dune - 1990, and Emperor of Dune - 2000). I picked the first two of the series when loitering in one book store, and had both of them finished in hardly 2-3 sittings. Have bought the next 3, and already finished the third, awaiting the delivery of the final 2 books.

A good mix of religion + politics + family matters + vendetta ... yeah, religion and you will be surprised to know that the author has taken generous inspirations from islam.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I heard the game developer who made Emperor of Dune became bankrupt, is that true? =P

Yep, Dune is a good book.. yet to read the rest of the series though. I do wonder why Frank Herbert used quite a lot of Islamic elements in it.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    haha.. i have no idea abt what happened to the game developer of Emperor of Dune, the game did have its quirks though ๐Ÿ˜€. But for diehard fanatics, its good fun, non ๐Ÿ˜€

Maybe is Dune some version of Arabia ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i m in ce world. i hav very lrss time to use net. i want to ask ce about my project. can u npls tell me how to post...
Hello guys M quite new or rather irregular wid Ce, but wheneve i get any doubi..i come to discuss wid u all.. so here s d doubi i got... how...
Ronjan aka Ranjan ! Wishing you Many HaPPy Returns of the day! May your dreams come true & you enjoy every moment of your life! Party On, dude!๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ -The...
Puzzle Taken From - https://www.archimedes-lab.org/ [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If a = 23 units and the value of the sides of the green square is a multiple of 11, what is...
I am student of 3rd year EEE btech, studyin in chennai. i want to take career in robotics as it always facinates me. guide me and keep updating on this...