CrazyEngineers
  • Prasad
    Prasad

MemberAug 30, 2007

Dune Series - Frank Herbert

Its a collection of 5 or more books, and what LoTR is to fantasy, Dune is to sci-fi. This book series is a must read for all those who have seen the movie (Dune 1983) and played the games (Dune - 1990, and Emperor of Dune - 2000). I picked the first two of the series when loitering in one book store, and had both of them finished in hardly 2-3 sittings. Have bought the next 3, and already finished the third, awaiting the delivery of the final 2 books.

A good mix of religion + politics + family matters + vendetta ... yeah, religion and you will be surprised to know that the author has taken generous inspirations from islam.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberSep 5, 2007

I heard the game developer who made Emperor of Dune became bankrupt, is that true? =P

Yep, Dune is a good book.. yet to read the rest of the series though. I do wonder why Frank Herbert used quite a lot of Islamic elements in it.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberSep 7, 2007

haha.. i have no idea abt what happened to the game developer of Emperor of Dune, the game did have its quirks though 😀. But for diehard fanatics, its good fun, non 😀

Maybe is Dune some version of Arabia 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register