Dual compound strategy by Goodyear in tire manufacturing

Dual Compound Strategy for Tires:

It may sound familiar but it is the new innovation that has been come up by the leading tyre maker

” Goodyear”. You have heard about the Nascar car championships which were famous for their steel tube frame designs and state of the art technologies utilized in it. Now to add to the new trending technologies, Goodyear on august 30,2013 introduced new tire in Advocare 500 race with simple yet effective method to improve the efficiency of tires. Mr. Stu Grant has said that nascar championships require tires with extreme characteristics which should resist abrasive road surfaces which causes extreme wear , while the length and layout promotes very high speeds. So the company planned to design a new tire with following combination.
Goodyear-NascarTire-0813

1) To improve grip , Tire should have softer rubber,

2) To attain high speed and durability – Tire should be made by harder rubber.

So the Goodyear implemented a strategy of dual compound in the tire tread surface. By this strategy, Tire will have two zones namely , Traction zone and a Endurance zone. Traction zone for increased grip and Endurance zone for durability. The company has tested it and found that drivers were pleased by the new tires and improved stability.

What do you think about this new tire?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Please avoid copy pasting articles here on CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a great site which i found when i was searching for my project. i must say this is a great platform for me. i always used to think...
Here are some topic i came across while i was searching topic for myself. i still have to choose one. any suggestions for me? 1. Utilization Of Sludge Gas 2....
I would like to know the construction & working(in detail) of magnetic door locks. Few questions : - The magnets in locks are temperory magnets or permanent ? - If...
I have started from basics of RPi GPIO. With no hassle, Blinked LEDs. So, I know the basics. But now I wanna dig down more & I couldn't find any...

Hai

Hai fnds.this s janaa frm madurai,tamil nadu.i m doing electrnics and communication engineering...i m so willing to do some innovations and i suppose to see ths site when i was...