drive partition...

i have only a single drive in my lap.can i divide it without formatting?if s plz say me how?๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Windows OS is in that drive, right?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Use Partition Magic and try... ๐Ÿ˜€ It supports almost all the platforms and works even on Boot, without affecting your data. ๐Ÿ˜€ Partitionmagic
  • theinam
    theinam
    friday 5:35pm

what is the brand of your laptop

try #1

it would be solved on the DISK management
    on the

start
    mycomputer .> right click
    manage
    disk management

try # 2

if your using the DELL laptop

the serves provider is give a software that divide the drives.......
  • Reya
    Reya
    @theinam : Ashwin didnt ask how to format the drive!

I divided my drive without formatting.None of my contents got deleted.
  • theinam
    theinam
    praveena friday 6:00am

i don`t think you understand like that

the service provider of Dell is given a software to divide the drive in that OS with out formate it.... ๐Ÿ˜€

and hence in such times the in diskmangement
    is also divide the drives
    in that drive
    click
    right button on mouse
    select the options from the right menu
    to expand that drive... ๐Ÿ˜€
    all the best ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    If you are using Windows 7. Then it is allowed to create new drive without any external software. This feature is places in system setting. I do not remember its exact path.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    @Theinam: For the method you said, it formats the drive, no matter what windows version it is... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Aswin13693
    Aswin13693
    tanx frnds i have partitioned my lap by using shrink option in disk management...
  • Aswin13693
    Aswin13693
    ya but i got my drive partitioned dude...
  • Zoodie
    Zoodie
    I am amazed, How can the drive be fragmented with out formatting it? I have never heard of it and it OS is also present with in it how would you manage that data along with the whole data of your PC? I need answers... !!
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Zoodie
    I am amazed, How can the drive be fragmented with out formatting it? I have never heard of it and it OS is also present with in it how would you manage that data along with the whole data of your PC? I need answers... !!
    Hi Zoodie, its very simple. In shrinking any partition, windows or shrinking software calculate area from a end that can be free, and try to locate data that can be move from there to some other free space such that it increases available space for shrinking. Now, data like virtual page files, hibernate file, etc are not moveable, so system does not move them.
    After calculating space it shows max space that can be shrink, and you have to choose space from that to shrink.

Its better idea to do shrinking after buying new laptop, as that time you got more space for shrinking and you can create partition according to your need.
  • Aswin13693
    Aswin13693
    ya dude..u r right it happened in the same way.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Aswin13693
    ya dude..u r right it happened in the same way.
    You should not use sms language here. Write in normal English language. Remember this point when post again.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody i am new to this forum
CrazyEngineers Free Mock Aptitude Test - II On 31st July At 5:00 P.M. NOTICE: You must be CrazyEngineers Forum Member to participate in test. Those who do not have CE...
1. The parliamentary session degenerated into (i)____ with politicians (ii)____ each other and refusing to (iii)____. [TABLE="class: tc"] [TR] [TD]Blank (i) A. mayhem B. obsolescence C. authoritarianism [/TD] [TD]Blank (ii)...
Adding hyperlinks to Google forms is a needed feature. I have been searching on how to add links to Google docs, but it seems we can only add it in...
Karbonn Mobiles is one of the India's leading budget-friendly phone makers. The company has recently launched the Karbonn A1 - the budget android mobile. The price of Karbonn A1 is...