CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 05 Nov, 2015 • 2 likes
ISRO has released a free eBook about India's Space Journey, titled 'From Fishing Hamlet To Red Planet', edited by P.V. Manoranjan Rao along with associate editors B.N. Suresh and V.P. Balagangadharan. The book has been released on the occasion of completion of two years of India's ambitious Mars Orbiter Mission. The editors of the book are all retired scientists at ISRO. Several of the scientists have contributed to the book.

The book takes the readers on a journey through India's space program, detailing the evolution of India's satellites, launch vehicles and offer a historical perspective. It also informs the users about the innovative approach taken by ISRO scientists and engineers right from the beginning. It also talks about the innovative technologies developed by ISRO that are now being used by the nation for various development programmes.

The book is divided into eight major parts as below -
  • The Beginnings
  • Rockets
  • Satellites
  • On the ground
  • Applications
  • ISRO and Industry
  • International Relations
  • In the new millennium: Beyond Sarabhai's road map
You may download the book on official ISRO website or through our downloads section. It's available in PDF as well as ePub formats so that you can read it in your favorite eBook reader program.

Download: From Fishing Hamlet to Red Planet - ISRO Free eBook | CrazyEngineers
@Ankita Katdare • 05 Nov, 2015 Thank you for sharing this. Have already started reading this.
The contributor list to this book is amazing! *Star Struck*
The contributors include - Vikram A. Sarabhai, Yash Pal, Satish Dhawan, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, A.S. Kiran Kumar, K. Radhakrishnan among several other luminaries!
Definitely a must read for everyone! 👍😍
9k views

Related Posts

@Sahithi Pallavi · Sep 14, 2014

Happy Engineers Day to all the CEans over here. Can we have a collection of images regarding Engineers or Engineers Day. Expecting a good image from @Ankita Katdare. Here is...
34.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 7, 2013

If you are an engineer who's convinced that MBA is 'the way' to get promotions, better career, better paypack & better marriage prospects; and are already preparing for CAT 2014...
11.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 1, 2012

Electrical Engineers here can Gather! Here is a thread dedicated to listing down and discussing all the internship opportunities in India in any city for the Summer of 2013. Those...
3.9k views

@An-nisa · Jan 4, 2012

Im a final year mechanical engineering student who is interested to do the main project on piping area...I dont have that much knowledge in piping field, anyways 😐 ...but still...
6.1k views

@ashie · Sep 1, 2012

I had completed my engg in electrical and electronics....i want sme courses or training to enhance my knowledge and for job prospects also.... any guidance or advice will be appreciated...😔
79.6k views