doubt on induction motor

Please tell me how the direction of 3-phase induction motor can be reversed.

Replies

• manishks
    manishks
    see.....principal of a motor is that when a current carrying coil is kept in a magnetic field, the coil experiences a mechanical force which is given by

F=IBLsintheta
    so,
    if you simply reverse the direction of magnetic field...then i suppose direction of force will be reversed.

you should specify direction of what is needed to be changed..
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Just change any two phases. I believe that the direction will change. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • suchithra
    suchithra
    phase sequence should be reversed for changing the direction
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    aj_onduty
    Just change any two phases. I believe that the direction will change. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Yes aj, i too think that by changing any two phases we can change the direction but never done such practical.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    yes u all are correct but changing a magnetic field direction is a difficult task to change because it is fully covered so...... it is easy to change the phases to change the current direction then the motor can run on two directions

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone help me out in explaining why transformers are considered as passive circuits. Transformers performs by stepping up/down voltage/current,changes low input power to high output and vice versa. But...
CEans, As many of you requested, we should have offline meets where CEans can come together and interact face to face. We've decided to make CE Meets an integral part...
As I declared earlier, we are planning to make CE Offline Meets an integral part of CE. I request all our CEans from West India to provide us with a...
HI Folks , i got an idea as present days piracy has been tremendously influenced the indian film industry, using RFID how to detect a device like camera and to...
Persistent Systems Limited, a Pune based 'Outsourced Software Product Development Company' is looking for acquiring companies in the North America for $10-15 million, reports ET. CEO & MD of Persistent...