Doubt in c program

how work this recursive function. would any one of you Explain this? please...

int Fib(int N)
{
if(int N)
return 1;
else
return Fib(N-1)+Fib(N-2);
}

Replies

• nareshkumar6539
    nareshkumar6539
    Recursion: calling a function from it self is called Recursion
    In if clause you need to check the condition like N==0 ||N==1 .
    for understanding purpose divide that code into steps
    Step1:check if condition and return value
    Step2:else block.again divide step 2 into parts
    2.1:Fib(N-1)
    2.2: Fib(N-2)
    2.3:return Fib(N-1)+Fib(N-2)[means add step 2.1 and 2.2 and return the value]
    Take N=3 call Fib(3) it will check the if condition not true so control will go to else block[Step 2]
    in that first it will execute 2.1 step i.e call Fib(2) in this case also it will perform the above steps[checking 1 & 2 Steps] after return the value, it will execute 2.2 step i.e Fib(1) in this also it will check all the steps after return the value, 2.3 step executed i.e return value of Fib(2)+Fib(1).
    in the above example Fib(3) calling Fib(2) and Fib(1) from its function itself this shows recursion.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    what is the problem?
    its program for Fibonacci series!!! 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8... and so on.
    there should be check that number should not be less than 0.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    This is a messed up program as the if condition is not proper.
    'if(int N)' should be an error.
    It should be replaced by if(N<=2) to get proper result as the logic is written that way.
    The recursion happens in following manner😔eg: N=3)
    fib(3)
    fib(2) + fib(1)
    1 + 1 =2
    as 3rd term is 2 (1,1,2,...) and so on..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

They [Qualcomm] sent a phone featuring a Snapdragon processor around the world and shot a video on one battery charge. In just over two weeks, Snapdragon-enabled smartphone traveled from LA...
Biggie's thread here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/community/threads/oled-tvs-may-cost-8000.53175/ got me thinking. From what I know LEDs are very similar to LCDs. How exactly do the organic LEDs differ from LEDs? And what makes them...
Now we can develop various accessories that communicate with bada applications on a bada device through a USB client connector. From the bada API version 2.0, the Osp::Io::SerialPort class can...
Sand Flea is an 11-lb robot with one trick up its sleeve: Normally it drives like an RC car, but when it needs to it can jump 30 feet into...
hi all, i want to create a gmail/facebook like chat application in php, can any one help me to do that, while searching in google ,i diidnt get anything