doubt in Assembly language programming

Can anyone help me!

I have some doubt in ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE PROGRAMMING.

Source program

JOHN START 0
USING *,15
L 1,FIVE
A 1,FOUR
ST 1,TEMP
FOUR DC F'4'
FIVE DC F'5'
TEMP DS 1F
END

This is simple assembly language program and i want to know the meaning of each lines.

๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Can't recognize these assembly instructions not x86 architecture instructions, please provide your OS, processor family & how did you get this code.

EDIT: with little binging get to know it's Ibm System/370 architecture instruction set which is
    obsolete & I doubt you've access to one.

This gets me to the assumption that you're on Windows with x86 family processor, So, use #-Link-Snipped-#, which uses X86 Instruction Listings.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    MaRo
    Can't recognize these assembly instructions not x86 architecture instructions, please provide your OS, processor family & how did you get this code.

EDIT: with little binging get to know it's Ibm System/370 architecture instruction set which is
    obsolete & I doubt you've access to one.

This gets me to the assumption that you're on Windows with x86 family processor, So, use #-Link-Snipped-#, which uses X86 Instruction Listings.
    oh! yes you are right its not the x86 instruction set.
    Its in our course to study the IBM 360/370 instruction set that's why i want to know the meaning of these codes.
    Can you please ellobrate these codes.
  • HImanshu_Sharma
    HImanshu_Sharma
    these instructions are not of 8085,8086,8051 ,,,,so can't help
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Sorry, can't help, don't learn what I can't try.

but this may help ibm 370 assembly - Search
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Thank you MARO.
    That link helped me alot to understand assemly language programming.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dd

which is dd num??
hello everyone i am in final sem of my btec(cs) and there is no placements yet and no hope in remaing 2-3 months also ... and also no selection in...
CEans, If you own a paypal account and received following email; please do NOT follow the instructions. It could be a phishing attempt to hack your PayPal account. Dear PayPal...
TC Report: Google Testing Google Voice Desktop App Internally TechCrunch, the leading blog on Technology and Startups in Silicon Vally has reported that Google is testing a desktop application for...
1) Why do we use Park's tranformation technique; why any other techniques might not be beneficial? 2) Why do the graphs of currents ids iqs idr and iqr rise rapidly...