No placements in college yet. What to do?

hello everyone
i am in final sem of my btec(cs) and there is no placements yet and no hope in remaing 2-3 months also ... and also no selection in P.G courses(cat/mat/gate...)... i ma in tension day night about my future.. sitting idle after my degree is what i am afraid of...
what to do at this stage

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't panic. Keeping a cool head is the first step to taking a wise decision. Sitting idle isn't the only option you have if you don't get placed, right? From your post, its apparent that you are preparing for higher education; and appeard for CAT, MAT & GATE.

I'd suggest the following to you -
    1. Make sure that you are thorough with engineering subjects. It won't be waste of time if you invest 1 month revising everything (for yourself, not for exams) you learned in engineering. So that you are fully prepared for the next job opportunity that comes your way.

2. Pay attention to your resume and if required, get it rewritten. CEans would definitely help you with it.

3. Submit your resume to all the popular job portals.

4. Once steps 1-3 are done; you need to make a decision about preparing for higher education. Think what really goes with your passions and interests [Management or Technology] and set your focus on ONE exam; not every damn exam conducted.

5. You cannot prepare for all exams and then hope to get selected in one. If you focus on CAT, the dedicate yourself to it and study with interest. You surely will score good marks.

6. If the above does not appeal to you; you could simply start working on a project on your own in the subject of your interest (which I assume, is Computers). It would be a great learning and it would definitely impress the interviewers.

I think that's enough to keep you busy 24 hours/day. Say what?

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    hey.....don't worry just don't loose hope.All you need to do is to concentrate what you really want to do.
    For your job you can try internet job sites like monster,times job etc.They can provide you with some good opportunities.
    And if u like u can give yourself a break and prepare for competitive xams like CAT,GATE etc.May be its helpful.
  • n090985
    n090985
    any more suggestions for getting a job??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    n090985
    any more suggestions for getting a job??
    Try to get in touch with college alumni network. They should be of great help with finding a job.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    alumni...ha ha ...it is not at all useful in some colleges..I think, he dont have good alumni members and dont have placements from college side,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    csiscool
    alumni...ha ha ...it is not at all useful in some colleges..I think, he dont have good alumni members and dont have placements from college side,
    I see. Could you share what steps you've taken on your own?

Alumni networks can be very useful when it comes to placements. You could also look for a job in local company to keep you busy. It will also give you an advantage in that you'll have some experience in working on projects before you get an offer from bigger software company (if that's what you're looking for).
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    You are right biggie and for that he can also search for linkedin site where he can touch with his seniors and alumni.thinking in a positive way will sure lead to get him in brighter side,instead of losing hope 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, If you own a paypal account and received following email; please do NOT follow the instructions. It could be a phishing attempt to hack your PayPal account. Dear PayPal...
TC Report: Google Testing Google Voice Desktop App Internally TechCrunch, the leading blog on Technology and Startups in Silicon Vally has reported that Google is testing a desktop application for...
1) Why do we use Park's tranformation technique; why any other techniques might not be beneficial? 2) Why do the graphs of currents ids iqs idr and iqr rise rapidly...
icehariokay, this is an study that combines controllers,automation,process control,instrumentation and many more.. Basic instrumentation and control eng is a study about the process control industry.. there are lot to explain.....
I'm IT fresher. I want fresher resume template to apply for companies..Anybody can give the link