Does the Government pay tax on its own income through tax collection?

My belief is that all the monetary system is a big fraud and I'm wondering if the governments pay taxes on their own income through collection of tax from people? I believe the answer is no, but need confirmation on this. What do you think?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Government agencies need to file tax and they do pay their taxes on time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Government agencies need to file tax and they do pay their taxes on time.
    Who does the government pay taxes to? Self?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Who does the government pay taxes to? Self?
    I thought you would ask this question. The answer is yes.

There are two types of departments.
    1. Public service.
    2. Profit earning.

Public service department means departments like police, home ministry, foreign ministry etc. They do not file income tax as they do not have any income/ profit.

While departments (meaning) PSUs (or any income earning) owned by government have to file their returns as per IT laws.

The money goes to 'central treasury' the same place where your and my money goes.

Remember that any person/ Government/ Govt. department has to pay tax on any income which goes to Central treasury. Audit is done for everyone.

For further info, you may want to know about CAG (comptroller and auditor general)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tried sudo apt-get install software-center command in terminal. This what I get: sudo apt-get install software-center Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Recommended packages: update-notifier...
Money is the root of all evil, they say. Money has existed for decades and I'm wondering if it's caused more damage to the human race than various benefits /...
Coffee drinkers worldwide always struggle to keep their coffee at the perfect temperature. The freshly prepared coffee is too hot to be consumed and if it is left for a...
Whats the need ? Can't we have management professionals and Engineers governing the country in the right and idealistic manner. There are various politicians who are not even "5th pass"...
Apple quietly rolled out its in-store location based, shopping assisting iBeacon service for iOS 7 devices across 254 Apple stores in the US. The service works with the Apple Store...