Do we have Android 4.3 update for Samsung Galaxy series?

Everyone is aware of the introduction of new Android 4.3 OS. I just wanted to know if an update is available for Galaxy series. From what I have gathered from multiple resources, it seems that every Android version is modified by companies for their devices. Also, the update option from Samsung doesn't seem to detect Android 4.3 either.

I just wanted to know if it is possible to get Android 4.3 on my device by rooting it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It'll be made available later this year. Whenever a new Android firmware is released, it goes directly to the Google's Nexus series. Samsung will have to adopt it for their devices and it will take a few months before it's rolled out. Don't expect 4.3 to make it to the Galaxy series phones (those that are supported) for the next 2-3 months at least.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It'll be made available later this year. Whenever a new Android firmware is released, it goes directly to the Google's Nexus series. Samsung will have to adopt it for their devices and it will take a few months before it's rolled out. Don't expect 4.3 to make it to the Galaxy series phones (those that are supported) for the next 2-3 months at least.
    How about rooting the phone? I am aware that rooting voids the manufacturer warranty but is it possible to adapt Nexus Android 4.3 version by on Samsung device by rooting?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Nick_Sharma
    How about rooting the phone? I am aware that rooting voids the manufacturer warranty
    You can always un-root to get your warranty back.
    Yes, XDA guys are started working on 4.3 to port on galaxy s3/s4 and I am damn sure my SII will also get support, also other galaxy should get support of 4.3.

There is no such huge hardware specific improvement in 4.3, it's tweaked version of 4.2.2 with battery improvement and some latest Google proprietary software as official part of 4.3.
    I am already using 4.3 camera on GSII @ 4.2.2. Looks good but some bugs are there.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very true.
    Additionally, this time Sony is giving a fight to Samsung to update the Android versions to its devices.

Sony has already committed that all news phones of Z series will have the Android 4.3. However we are yet to hear any such plans from Samsung (though its rumored that very soon they are going to release an update for Note 2)

-CB
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    ianoop
    You can always un-root to get your warranty back.
    Yes, XDA guys are started working on 4.3 to port on galaxy s3/s4 and I am damn sure my SII will also get support, also other galaxy should get support of 4.3.

There is no such huge hardware specific improvement in 4.3, it's tweaked version of 4.2.2 with battery improvement and some latest Google proprietary software as official part of 4.3.
    I am already using 4.3 camera on GSII @ 4.2.2. Looks good but some bugs are there.
    I have Grand with me. Can you point me to some resources that can point me to a clean rooting procedure? I am having a hard time finding it
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nick_Sharma
    I have Grand with me. Can you point me to some resources that can point me to a clean rooting procedure? I am having a hard time finding it
    Check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    For unrooting see this, even if this might not work you can find other ways on xda to do this.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks a bunch for the links 👍
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    ianoop
    Which means only Google Nexus users will be able to enjoy proprietary softwares.
    That's not good.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Abhishek Rawal
    Which means only Google Nexus users will be able to enjoy proprietary softwares.
    That's not good.
    Even galaxy s4 with 4.2.2 dosn't have photosphere camera.
    I saw motoX voice only interaction even if phone is locked. I don't think any other device with 4.3 gonna receive this.

Any way land on XDA to find photosphere camera and other proprietary software from Google for any android device. Google won't accuse you for piracy 😁.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple is all set to unveil the Retina version of IPad mini later this year as a competition to Google Nexus 7 offering a high resolution display. Apple has planned...
Let's try to understand what are indexes in oracle or any database. Consider a general scenario that we encounter in our daily life.. Suppose I have a book with me...
With too many companies offering mid range smartphones , i am really confused on which smartphone to select or just wait for Nexus 5 or iphone 6 ?
Hey all, I just came across some job notifications for the post of software developer asking for excellent communication skills. Just wanted to know your views on how important is...
Nokia Lumia 510 has undergone a major price slash in India and is available online at a price as low as Rs. 6200. The specifications of Nokia Lumia 510 are...