Do nationalistic sentiment or party politics decide energy policies?

Tirunelveli district in Tamilnadu has a host of windfarms. It is also the current centre of controversy about the Koodankulam Nuclear plant.
There has been some discussion in UK about the role of nationalistic sentiments and party politics (for some reason always labelled petty) in deciding its energy policies.
Considering the heat and dust generated in the media by the Koodankulam nuclear plant, what are the CEan views on this in India?

We need facts not nationalistic sentiment or party politics
Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    "Nuclear Energy" is a front for "Nuclear Weapons". It is how governments explain their exploration of the nuclear option. As an energy source, nuclear energy is dangerous. Its by-products are highly toxic, not to mention radioactive. No technique has been developed yet to dispose of these, and they are merely being "stored" till one can be, which I think is highly unlikely.

We need nuclear weapons, and to defend our possession of the technique to make nuclear fuel we need nuclear power plants.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

For professionals, who want to brush up their knowledge and students who want to know the basics of on a range of topics of engineering interest a slew of eBooks...
Hi, I am in my final year now,and want to do MS in electronics in US. My academics records are: BTech(upto 6th sem):8.66 XIIth-86% Xth-91% I havent appeared for gre...
String S1 = "M, B , C , A , E " String S2 = " X , Y , Z , A, C" Problem: Given String 1 and String...
Let us remember the heroines of the suffragist movement that shook the male citadels in the early 1900s: https://awesomestories.com/assets/al...ries&utm_campaign=March+2012&utm_medium=email
TAG Heuer RACER is the 1st Luxury Phone Crafted for High Performance. This phone is definitely only for the MEGA RICH! 😲 It is swiss engineered for ultimate lightness and...