Do looks matter in a job interview?

Your looks - an important aspect of your personality is something you cannot control (of course, there are surgeries!). I wish to collect opinions, experiences and views on whether a person's looks matter in a job interview? Do you think good looking people have an edge over the average looking people?

Of course, there's no scale that measures how good looking a person is. The question is very much opinion based. So do share your thoughts. I'm sure a lot of interesting information will come out of this discussion.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    It depends on the mentality of the interviewer i think. If he is really in need of good engineer who work die hard for him, he may ignore looks over ability. But in mass recruitment, it matters. But it is really important you go in a decent attire and appearance in an interview.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Looks have a winder meaning as per me. If you are looking neat and tidy then it definitely adds value in a mass recruitment as said above.
    If you are attending an interview with certain experience , people look for your knowledge and a normal attire will do. Since each company has it rules, if I am attending an interview by taking a break in office hours then I am expected to wear dress according the dress code of the current company.

Now , looks if you say the hot looking people, I have seen managers recruiting people who are hot 😛

I have seen people who attend interview not to look smart but hot, they definitely has an edge over others if interviewers doesnt have some value , since he is interviewing for his company and he is expected to bring in best talent.. but things are not always black and white!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If the interviewer is of the opposite gender it is a pun that looks are really important

PS: The looks give you more confidence to face the challenge of an Interview So looks are really important
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    actually looks doesn't matter with me
    i have attended to an interview
    due to some reasons i was not shaved but they just ignored it
    i think looks only matters with mnc's

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

US Department of Energy researchers at the SLAC lab have set a new record for switching speed. Quote: Scientists using SLAC's Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) X-ray laser found that...
During a demo, Kirobo said it "hoped to create a future where humans and robots live together and get along". https://news.yahoo.com/kirobo-talking-robot-blasts-space-historic-mission-094702571.html
Quote: French architect Jacques Rougerie and a group of engineers have teamed up to create what's being called the "ultimate" undersea exploration vehicle. Like an iceberg, a large section of...
This article from American Sensors gives the basics of how differential pressure sensors can be used to monitor liquid levels in both vented and sealed tanks. Precautions to be observed...
What is a directory in linux and what is parent directory? Are they folders or files? Also what are pathnames in linux. I really can't get these things in my...