Do Criminals rule us?

While i was reading the newspaper I was shocked on seeing the title that "Indian MP's having criminal record accounts for as many as 31% members of parliament (MPs) legislators (MLAs/MLCs) who will cast vote in presidential election have criminal cases pending against them in police record and 48% are crorepatis"
CriminalMPS

According to study done by the National Election Watch (NEW) and Association of Democratic Reforms (ADR) the resulst showed that Shiv Sena topped the list with more members from their parties have criminal parties followed by Telugu thesam party.Do you think it is a right time to regulate rules for contesting in the elections?
The NEW and ADR analysed about 4835 members of the Electoral College, which includes 772 MP's and 4063 legislators from all the state of India and they found an shocking truth that 1448members have criminal cases against them pending out of which 641 were serious charges such as rape,murder,kidnapping,robbery.
_45841271_baitha_body
The man in the photo was Kameshwar Baitha with 56 cases behind him belonging to Palamau, Jharkhand constituency of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha party.and Accused in 35 cases and has 50 serious charges against him under the IPC.
Whats your take on this Canditate?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Let us take this topic in the other way around Why is the executive board of the Indian Constitution showing a blind eye to the misdeeds of the legislative members

Why is no action taken by the police on legislative members very less or not at all significant?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Police are also humans who have a normal family and daily basic needs. If they try to threaten for arrest or same as take strict action against these ministers, They are most likely to lose their jobs or worse. Don't you watch hindi movies? they are filled with such stuff. In India, the person elected has more powers than the person selected. This is the main reason
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Well, the whole world is ruled by criminals of various sizes. In India, we just have a lot. I don't know if any other country would surpass India in this regard. However, there is a choice. But the reality is that you've got to strike the thief by being the thief. So it ain't easy for common folks like us to decide on how we can change this world - we would often end us wasting our lives trying but nothing would have actually changed. Or else, we should be someone with so much influence - but then too there're always hired assassins waiting to kill us. So ultimately, you can't change anything as an individual unless change takes place within a large mass!
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    good politic practice....... man knows how to be destroyed in a self destructive way? not only politics every country run this program how to be destroyed by self destructive way.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes they are ruling. The reasons for India being still a developing country, a country of poverty, a country of peacelessness and a country of corruption etc etc are all because of Criminalisation of Politics. They are doing what they want. See how darely they have altered the Central Information Commission's decision by removing the Political parties from RTI act. Now again the Govt is moving the Recent supreme court judgement of Lilly thomas case of removing the convicted MLAs and MPs from public offices and refraining them in contesting elections to Judicial Review. See how publicly they are making their rules. lots and lots of such doings are there. Such a shame on their part. I'm sorry. It's just because of Criminalisation of Politics.

And even that above judgement can not solve it ofcourse. As there is a chance that they can make their partners, relatives, friends to contest elections and they may rule with their name. And also they can bribe the judiciary to give judgement in their favor. They are politicians and they can do all the worst and drastic things as they want.
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Civilized Society Uncivilized activity. Human become crazy in near future. usually some people think if we live in same religion then we feel in peace. but actually human never stop until destroy the world, its human nature.perhaps psychologist invest this syndrome soon. Because chine and Philippine, north korea vs USA vs South korea, Iran vs USA relation not good. rapidly increasing bad relation with others day by day. if u have power u want to show off with other , its da main characteristics of human. same u are doing with ur neighbor, hehehe ....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think I landed in correct arena to get answer for my question.So here is my question 1)why lights flicker or blasts when a thunder struck ? 2)what is the...
I am studying in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. I have to submit project in this semester. so i'm interested to submit MicroControl/ Power/ Electronics Related Project Please give me some...
This is an ingenious project, which uses a single IR sensor to scan an object to create a thermal image. Obvious limitation is that the object has to be static....
Wishing all CEans here Eid Mubarak, or as they say in Malaysia, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Its been a wonderful month of fasting and prayers. Now its time to spend...
Launched almost a year back in India, the Huawei Ascend P1 was the first 4G LTE capable phone for the country. Though the 4G LTE network was not available all...