Dilemma whether to go for lucrative job in a Top IT firm or to pursue Higher study

Reasons for dilemma
1) I studied engineering in Mechanical Sciences, There is no relation to the job am recrited for and my Degree.
2) What will be the scenario after 5-10 years ? Just B.E will be enough ?
3) Doing M.tech will be a better choice or MBA ?
4) Pursuing studies along with job ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hoverer
    Reasons for dilemma
    1) I studied engineering in Mechanical Sciences, There is no relation to the job am recrited for and my Degree.
    2) What will be the scenario after 5-10 years ? Just B.E will be enough ?
    3) Doing M.tech will be a better choice or MBA ?
    4) Pursuing studies along with job ?
    Welcome to CE. Didn't get the first point, sorry.

#2: No one knows. What we know 'for sure' is high quality engineers will always be in demand.

#3: Nope. In fact, you should first decide your destination first and then board the bus. What I'm saying is - MBA and M.Tech lead to two entirely different career paths. Do you want to be in the management field? If yes, go for MBA. If you want to be in technical field; maybe M.Tech would prove to be a better option. There 'cannot' be a generic choice for everyone.

#4. Studies and job is quite possible and a lot of companies sponsor their employees for further studies while securing their jobs. It depends on your employer though.

PS: Enter "job or higher studies" in the search box at the top. You will find several useful discussions about the topic already discussed on CrazyEngineers 😀
  • Hoverer
    Hoverer
    Sir ,
    The first point was intended to say that ,, I completed my B.E in Mechanical Engineering and got recruited for a Software company ,, Both are different fields ,
    So will it be advisable for me to take up the job or pursue higher studies ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Read my post above and search the forum for relevant discussions. The crux of all the discussions is that unless you know the destination, your choice won't make any difference.

All we know 'now' is that there will always be a GREAT demand for high-quality engineers. If you're a production engineer working in software industry; then your work in IT industry would only count.

Assuming you have no clear idea of what you want to be in future or what kind of work you want to do; let's assume the most regular goal almost everyone has - to work in a reputed company, at a reputed position and earn a decent salary.

In order to achieve that goal - you don't need anything except being excellent in the work you are doing. If software industry is the one you've chosen, then your job is to make sure that you excel in your work and you'll get what you are aiming for. MBA would not put you 5 steps ahead of others (your classmates).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi crazy engineers i am an final year engineering student can any one suggest a latest or innovative project idea to implement
Hello guys is there any one who can tell me about sunbeam institute pune. I got admission to "pg dac" course Where to stay ? Boys hostel or pg available...
Here is link: https://www.delhimusicalstores.com/pluto-semi-acoustic-guitar-hw41ce-sp-867086.html One of my friend(noob guitarist) is getting this from one of his colleague. If anyone know about guitar please give some review. I wish, I could...
can any one tell me about the procedure to earn money online without any initial investmennt
I want to split the voice and music from a Song. How can I Do It.....? 👎👎