Diffusion capacitance in a diode.

Why do we talk of diffusion capacitance only in the case of semiconductors? Though the carriers are diffused across the junction in a typical device, the derivation proceeds from the fact that a certain amount of charge crosses the junction in certain amount of time. But this even happens in the case of metals. In any conductor charge has to cross a junction to constitute a current.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In a metal there is no 'junction'. Free electrons in the metal conduct the current. There is no barrier, holes or such which exist in a semi conductor with its diffused junctions.

The detailed explanation can be seen here:
    PDF

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI , CAN I GET DISTANCE EDUCATION COURCES FOR CAT NYWHERE? PLS REPLY
After Bigk, Mayur, Patty, Durga, Akd, from the last few months, It's been Our(@Sada cooldudeiet 's) work to conduct KYCEans. And CEan-cooldudeiet got busy with his work these days and...
I am presently pursuing my b.tech final year.i would like to know about the job opportunities in state and central government?and their web sites?and information about them.???
I am unable to understand why does an engineer(from IIT's) gets lot less pay package than a guy from management sector(from IIM's) though engineers too have a huge share as...
In one of our site we are in requirement of a -24 VDC supply. The instrument installed is key phasor which accepts -24 VDC as power and our's is +24...