CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • just2rock

MemberMar 11, 2008

nikhilthunderli
    what is difference between voltage and current
    to be very simple for you to understand ...voltage or P.D is water level in tank and current is the flow of water through tap
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberMar 11, 2008

Current is flow of electrons ,while voltage is emf caused by potential .hope m correct!!
    Cancel
  • mahul

MemberMar 11, 2008

Here's my explanation,

When two points have different electrostatic potential energies,we have a potential difference( P.D.) which we call voltage.

Now if these two points are connected, due to this difference, nature tries to equalize their potentials, or in other words make the P.D. zero. To do this, charge must flow from higher density to lower density. This charge flow is achieved by charged particles called electrons(other particles are too strongly bound to be able to translate). Obviously this not only depends on the difference between the points but also the path we provide for the flow of charge. The rate of this flow with respect to time is what we call current.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberMar 11, 2008

mahul
    Here's my explanation,

When two points have different electrostatic potential energies,we have a potential difference( P.D.) which we call voltage.

Now if these two points are connected, due to this difference, nature tries to equalize their potentials, or in other words make the P.D. zero. To do this, charge must flow from higher density to lower density. This charge flow is achieved by charged particles called electrons(other particles are too strongly bound to be able to translate). Obviously this not only depends on the difference between the points but also the path we provide for the flow of charge. The rate of this flow with respect to time is what we call current.
    Nice 😀 I have to admit though, If I was walking on the street and some random guy asks me the difference between current and voltage, I would be baffled for a while 😔
    Cancel
  • mahul

MemberMar 12, 2008

Well i really liked this subject back in school ash and some of the old enthusiasm has stayed on....
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberMar 13, 2008

well said,man.A true explanation,i must say this has been one of the toughfest question a layman can quaetion an engineer
    Cancel
  • phoneworks

MemberMar 13, 2008

Simply put to the lay man's understanding, VOLTAGE is pipe while CURRENT is the flowing water meaning that CURRENT Is the force while VOLTAGE is the force carrier.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register