'Difference Between' Questions & Answers

Once in a while we come up with questions, where we want to find difference between 2 or more things.
We sometimes want a systematic point-to-point difference and at the other times just a brief overview of the variations in those 2-3 things.

So, let's dedicate this thread to all the difference between questions and answers.

I think this thread can be very useful to all the technical queries at the student as well as professional level.

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    hmmm...I didn't exactly understand what you are trying to say. Since this idea came to your mind, can we have the 1st question-answer thing from you?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Difference Between CISC & RISC

OK. I will do the difference between CISC & RISC

CISC

1) It stands for
    Complex Instruction Set Computer.
    2) It has relatively more instruction types and addressing modes.
    3) It's format is not fixed and can be easily decoded.
    4) It's execution is slow as compared to RISC.
    5)
    Mainly used in normal PC’s, Workstations and servers
    6)
    Pipelining implementation is not easy
    7)
    Software developers no need to write more lines for the same tasks
    8)
    Used by Intel and AMD processors

RISC

1) It stands for
    Reduced Instruction Set Computer
    2) It has fewer instruction types and modes.
    3) It has fixed instruction format.
    4) It has fast and single cycle instruction execution.
    5)
    Mainly used for real time applications.
    6)
    Pipelining can be implemented easily.
    7)
    It puts a greater burden on the software. Software developers need to write more lines for the same tasks.
    8) Used by Apple.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We are planning to run competitions throughout the end of this year and we need competition ideas. We'll run all the competitions online and every member should be able...
brothers I have chosen a project related to ajax.The topic is USE AJAX TO PREVENT REPEAT FORM SUBMISSION, Can somebody tell me how to proceed with.Just now learned php and...
Please suggest some site or provide some soft copy Material about this Please help me
When I first read this news, I went, "Wow! What a Cool Name!" 😀 The new *Army of Awesome* program unveiled yesterday is designed to bring together Firefox experts and...
Amazon today announced that it will launch a category in the Kindle Store called Kindle Singles that features works longer than a typical magazine article or "as much as a...