CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Manthan Dadhania • 05 Sep, 2012
what is the diffrent between manufacturing & production..????
@Ankita Katdare • 05 Sep, 2012 • 1 like Manthan Dadhania Did you search for that query on a search engine? What results did you get?
From what I've read the difference between these two terms is very little. Very broadly, manufacturing is a process of converting raw material in to finished product by use of various processes, machines and energy. Whereas, production is a process of converting inputs in to outputs.
@sweet_honey • 05 Sep, 2012 • 2 likes Also in production, company owns its raw materials and make the final products but in manufacturing, company purchase raw materials from outside and then make the final product.

For ex- making turbine through various process is manufacturing
assemblage of parts of engine is production.
3.9k views

Related Posts

@siddhesh nisal · Jul 21, 2014

hello everyone i am new here i have some queries regarding my career i am 23 years old guy i have completed my diploma in 4 year instead of regular...
22.6k views

@Abhishek Rawal · Mar 6, 2013

I don't have on-field experience as I am not even graduated. But, Every IT professionals I talked with wanna join TCS. Born curious,I googled some of stuffs of TCS &...
4.7k views

@kanchanborade123 · Jul 12, 2011

Hello i want to interface GPS+GSM with pic uc. I need a basic algorithm for the same. i want to use this into tracking based projects. thank you waiting for...
2.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Dec 7, 2013

Made out of mineral glass, the Casio G-Shock GA-110AC-ZA watch is water, shock and magnetic resistant and is now available across India at a price of Rs. 8,995. Making way...
2.3k views

@vsvbc · Aug 20, 2010

Dear Friends, Hello All! I am a fresh ECE selected for training at tech mahindra , chengalpettu. Can any one help me with info regarding starting out in this new...
2.4k views