difference between java and .net

sind
@sind-1Muskn โ€ข Oct 25, 2024

I want to know the major differences between java and .net. I don't know why .net came into existence? And how can we differentiate to do a project on java or .net? Which one is efficient to use and efficient to code?

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jul 2, 2012

    sindI want to know the major differences between java and .net. I don't know why .net came into existence? And how can we differentiate to do a project on java or .net? Which one is efficient to use and efficient to code?

    I Googled this for you and found following link: <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_Java_and_.NET_platforms" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Comparison Of The Java And .Net Platforms</a>

  • sind

    @sind-1Muskn • Jul 2, 2012

    I want to hear from people here.

  • Neeraj Sharma

    @neeraj-iAaNcG • Jul 2, 2012

    .NET came into existence just to compete with JAVA

  • Varsha0802

    @varsha0802-YohNRX • Jul 2, 2012

    .Net offers better functionality than Java and making applications is easier in .Net. But java has the plus point that its open source.

  • sookie

    @sookie-T06sFW • Jul 8, 2012

    .Net is limited only to Windows environment and Java is opened for all environments including Mobiles.