Difference between API calling and Web Request?

Is there any difference between api calling and making web request?

Are they identical or api calling is sub part of web request?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    API Calling is directly talking with the API in the backend, where there is no client side request, and its a pure server side call!
    Web Request is a client-side HTTP Request! 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    sorry not satisfied

How can you say api calling is just a server side calling ,Can you explain this with an example?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I will say API calling is a web request only. I mean when you are using an API, practically you are sending a web request, no matter if its only between the servers.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    goyal420
    sorry not satisfied

How can you say api calling is just a server side calling ,Can you explain this with an example?
    Er... Include & AJAX Request??? Got the difference?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am facing problem in configuring apache on my AWS web server, I have installed httpd on it and also set it in running mode But still when i am...
Today i was working on some project and i was facing this issue of getting data from multiple tables The problem was, I have a static function where a certain...
I am totally confused about future because of after b.tech i joined an IT Company in Jaipur in SEO Executive but salary matters for me and before this company i...
Hey CEians, I need some help here as I'm still a student exploring the mighty worlds of engineering, so please feel free to suggest/comment/criticize. I have had a plan in...
Shirt capable of converting body heat into electricity | News | The Engineer