Designing Electric Vehicles (EVs) For Indian Markets & Roads

Electronic transportation systems is the new buzzword in the technology and engineering world. While USA and Europe is rapidly adopting the EVs (I admit that they're far from being popular, but the awareness is greater as compared to India); I'm wondering what would be the typical design considerations and changes to the EVs that should be incorporated in Indian Electric Vehicles. What I'm more interested in is - how would EVs be designed from scratch if they were to be designed for the Indians.

Of course, Mileage would be "THE" prime consideration for Indians. Share your opinions and thoughts.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Dead weight should be small. Equal to or less than the weight of the payload. Implies extensive use of plastics and ceramic batteries.
    Top speed need not exceed 20Km/Hr. City traffic is much slower than this.
    Avoid drive train.
    Small foot print, Larger dia wheels to navigate pot holed roads. Small turning radius.
    Transparent shell with solar collecting roof.
    Chargeable with ordinary 3 pin 15 amp outlets.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Updates, anyone? This is going to be interesting! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is an interesting perspective and detailed analysis of introducing EVs in Indian Markets.

Take a look: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    And can a Ordinary Bicycle have these fitted on

Do tell what is the thing which drives the EV is it engine or some thing like that
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    actually i done a project on it in my acadamies the main problem is with weight and ratings
    solar panels and wind propillers makes this
    and a motor is connected to the shaft to run the vehicle. That motor powers up with the sources and we tested with supercapacitors and normal batteries this shown some advantage

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Aakash seems to be a big hit with Indian tablet fans. With over 100000 tablets being ordered every day, I'm sure a lot of our CEans should have obtained the...
Hi Everyone, i know how an engine works. What i want to know is what are the materials used for engineering a engine. Like the material of cylinder block, crank...
The Bandra Worli sea link is probably India's few mega structures project. The sea link is a cable stayed bridge that is 5.6km long and uses viaducts on either side....
CEans, Through small talk we interview engineers who've had an impact in the world. If you wish to see your favorite personality in our Small Talk, please post your suggestion...
Inviting all the random thoughts and views on identifying your own passion and why it is important.