CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Swathy Prabhakaran • 02 Aug, 2016 • 1 like
How can we design a screw which can be tightened only?
I want to know about the design and model of it.
The screw should not be loosened.
@Anoop Kumar • 02 Aug, 2016 Another way, design like this.
oneway
You can only screw it but when you try to unscrew, screw driver will not able to hold it.
Security or One-Way Screw Removal Methods
@Swathy Prabhakaran • 02 Aug, 2016
Anoop Kumar
Another way, design like this.
oneway
You can only screw it but when you try to unscrew, screw driver will not able to hold it.
thanks anoop ji
@Vipin verma • 02 Aug, 2016 For normal purpose minus screw and for medium purpose plus screw and for higher purpose depth plus screw is better,
For tightening triangular, square, Pentagon upper base type, to reduce looseness
@Vipin verma • 02 Aug, 2016 • 1 like Like this types
@Stephen B Johnson • 16 Aug, 2016 You should make it left handed too. Then you could sell left handed screwdrivers.

I already have left handed wrenches and a left handed hammer.
@Swathy Prabhakaran • 16 Aug, 2016
Stephen B Johnson
You should make it left handed too. Then you could sell left handed screwdrivers.

I already have left handed wrenches and a left handed hammer.
thanks
@T.Vikram Singh • 16 Oct, 2016
Anoop Kumar
Another way, design like this.
oneway

when it can be tightened it can also be loosened,
i'm unable to understand how it can only be used for tightening but not loosening..//
How ?
@Anoop Kumar • 16 Oct, 2016 • 1 like
vikram singh t

when it can be tightened it can also be loosened,
i'm unable to understand how it can only be used for tightening but not loosening..//
How ?
Tightening : Rotate right/clockwise - You see upper right edge will hold the screw.
but, in Loosening : Lower right edge is not there it will not able hold screw and it will just slip.
Try with common screw and see the effect.
1.4k views

Related Posts

@Rxwdll · Jan 8, 2013

My DAC rank is 2899 and i got VITA Mumbai in my first round counselling....... (Not even expected to get DAC with this Rank). so confused. there is a lot...
3.3k views

@johnvills · Feb 25, 2014

The Basic Structure is made of compressed steel to which all the mechanical units are attached and on which the body is superimposed. Automobile engineering is the one of the...
3.6k views

@Raith · Oct 19, 2007

I am currently still going to school as an EE major, I am taking an electronics devices class, I seem to be having issues with this diagram: Sorry if it...
2.5k views

@Chinmay Joshi · Mar 28, 2014

Airtel Digital TV has launched its latest mobile application called “Airtel Pocket TV” for its digital TV subscribers which allows users to watch their favorite programs or channels while on...
4.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Aug 27, 2012

Every year, a large number of engineering students flock CrazyEngineers Forum looking for tips and tricks on how to prepare for campus recruitments. I thought of compiling an article to...
5.8k views