DC to AC Inverters for solar lights

๐Ÿ˜‰ Hi friends,

Need to build a reliable DC to AC Inverter for a solar parking light application. A common DC/AC inverter could be puchased quite cheaply, however as solar street lights operate fairly independently dont want the inverter to be a trouble point.

The power input will be through a 12V, 5A, 100Ah battery. The required power output would be 35 W 220V

I'd love to know what determines the durability of such a inverter.

Thanks
Wish you peace

Replies

• raithrovers1
    raithrovers1
    To build an inverter is extremely complex and would no doubt cause you much more problems than one you could already purchase which has been tested and developed.
    A good cheap inverter should not cause you any more problems than any other piece of electronic equipment (e.g a television) as long as it is kept away from enviroments that are bad for components, such as moisture and excessive heat.
    It will probably outlive the battery!

For all UPS and power needs contact Calibre Power at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Hi Shahul,
    Good question..see building a DC-AC inverter of 5A,220VAC will be dependable upon few check points:
    1>look into inverter output compared to input DC.
    2>Check out with voltage feedback required.
    3>voltage drops
    4>inverter -transformer voltage to coil turns ratio.

Wish you find all your need..

Thanks,
    J2R

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone pls suggest me a topic for paper presentation on electronics and its applications in latest technologies???๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜•
Hi CEns, "Opensource and OpenSys.," I want to know about the differences between the open source and open systems...I am going to present a seminar in this topic...Please ask your...
i need to control a toy car using voice signals. i'm planning to use microcontroller 8951 for processing. if u hav got any idea to do it, plz help me......๐Ÿ˜
hi, i like someone out there to help find a perfect circuit for automatic forward and revers dc motor control circuit. the circuit will help me build up my final...
Lot has been discussed on forums & through CE Conference about making CE more active and useful to existing members and having more participation from new members. Here are few...