DC Machines Questions & Answers

hi friends,i have a question..please give me the clear explanation...
1.A belt driven cumulative compounded dc generator is delivering power to the dc mains.if the belt snaps then the machines will run as a ........
a) cumulative compunded motor in the same direction
b)differentially compounded motor in the same direction
c) cumulative compounded motor in the opposite direction
d) differentially compunded motor in the opposite direction

Replies

• Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The direction of the series field current alone changes. So the machine will run as a differential motor. Since the direction of the shunt field is the same, the direction in which the motor will run will depend on the direction of the back emf. The generated emf as generator and the back emf as motor are in the same direction. Hence the motor will continue to run in the same direction.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I was writing a code to find out the number 2^1000. Which is very very large, and no data type can handle this.. Actually I have to use the...
"Since childhood I am told only one thing "Don't dare to dream big. Study well to get a good job". And I betrayed that teaching. I lived the last decade...

hi,

I am Tomato, it's really great to be here... an excellent place for all the Engineers I want to share my knowledge to everyone and also get some knowledge from...
Just read up an article on Wikipedia about the largest capacity USB drive in existence. Was expecting about 512 GB, but found out that flash drives offering 1TB (1000 GB)...
I have a database table with following cols Id, Name, Date (FORMAT: Y-m-d H:i:s) Now I want to retrieve data of following form Count Year 3 2013 5 2014 It...