DC Contactor coil

I came across one Contactor rated 400A in which the coil is fed through a electronic circuit in which pulsating DC (waveform of full wave rectifier) & each pulse having PWM pulses inside it ( as seen on Oscilloscope) is given to the coil. I can see that the E shaped steel stampings riveted together to form a solid block in which the coil sits, doesnt have a shading ring. So definitely its meant to be used for DC. On analysing the ckt. I found out that the duration of the PWM pulses is- active high: 94 uS & low 6 uS( micro seconds), which keep going on to keep the contactor coil energized. The coil is designed to work on 220Volts & the contactor is supposed to pick up at 140 volts & drop out at 350 volts. The ckt. also takes care of the surges & makes sure using a microcontroller that the contactor only remains energized with in 140V to 350 Volts. It is a kind of safety for the coil because below 140V the coil will not magnetise the core up to the level that it attracts the other end & above 350V the coil may burn & also the ckt has been so designed.

thanks
Nav

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I got a chance to do project in one company on these topics.Helps me to choose which is better and relevant. 1.Speed Control of Switch Reluctance Motor 2.Seep Control...
After 13 miners were trapped in a coal mine in Sago, West Virginia, four years ago, rescuers didn’t know where to look for survivors -- they could have been anywhere...
Ex-NASA chief in Alaska plane crash: At least five people died in the crash of a private aircraft in Alaska Monday night, the Federal Aviation Administration said in a preliminary...
Tevatron Fermilab Particle accelerators, which are not renowned for their real-world applications, could in fact be used to produce energy, according to a 34-year-old research paper that resurfaced this week....
Hey.iam a final year computer engg student..i need an interest project topic in java & jsp.net.plz reply me immediately.......