CrazyEngineers relaunched - Please read!

CEans,

If you haven't yet visited our front page, the please do it RIGHT NOW! ๐Ÿ˜

Here's the link -> CrazyEngineers

You might also want to read - #-Link-Snipped-#

...a small write-up about what's new on CE.

*Important* - Please read carefully.

Last few days have been hectic as it involved too many back-end activities. We did few serious upgrades & changes and in the process, we lost about 100 members and approximately 50 posts. Yes, that's huge, but it was a tough decision to sacrifice our latest 100 members and about 50 latest posts.

If you registered within December 26 - 30 , 2007; it is likely that our system does not have your records. This also means that you will have to re-register on CE. CE encountered few serious problems and I had to restore from our previous working backup. Well, I hope that such disasters won't happen again. I sincerely request members who have lost their accounts to register again on CE by filling out a simple form available at -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Sincerely,

-The Big K-
Founder & Administrator
CrazyEngineers

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    *Important* - Please read carefully.

If you registered within December 26 - 30 , 2007; it is likely that our system does not have your records. This also means that you will have to re-register on CE. CE encountered few serious problems and I had to restore from our previous working backup.
    -The Big K-
    Founder & Administrator
    CrazyEngineers

A tough decision... but it was on right time....
    Thanks Biggie for giving a new shape to our CE..

New look is awesome...
    Its request to all the guys... who registered in between 26-31st Dec to re-register on CE. Otherwise they will miss services and knowledge of CE.

Also CE will loose their ir-replaceable contributions. Together only we can make CE a grand success

Thanks and Regards,
    --Crazy Boy๐Ÿ˜
  • crook
    crook
    The new design ROCKSS!! I feel sorry for the loss of members. I hope they will join us back! Happy new year to everyone!

The social bookmarking buttons are cool! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    Its alright biggie. The new look is awesome! Social bookmarking will drive more traffic to site. Cheers!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    The new design does incorporate more content. The vote has been reset I see ๐Ÿ˜€. I like the way you have the personalization thing you have tried with custom fonts and layouts.

Kudos!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First of all, I thank everyone for the support. I understand that its bit difficult for each one of us to get familiar with the new stuff, I hope it won't hurt ๐Ÿ˜€ . I also thank everyone for your suggestions through email.

I have received a mixed response so far...

1. Some said that the 'white' background on the front page is a bummer. I can only say that we have had no option. I experimented with various shades of white before finalizing the mighty old #FFFFFF.

2. Some said that the website now looks more complicated. I disagree ๐Ÿ˜ (what's your opinion?). Just give your eyes some time to settle and you will love CE's new look. I promise.

3. Some said CE looks great! Oh well, yes! ๐Ÿ˜

@ Kidakaka: Yes, the poll has been reset. Any ideas about the new polls we can have on CE? Pretty soon, I plan to add a poll for CE Tees ๐Ÿ˜

Awaiting more replies!

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey Biggie,

I miss those latest post quick links on the main page ... can we have those back? And maybe a random thread (ala wiki) would be a cool thing too!

What say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Since we have a new system that powers the CE Portal, we will have to develop the 'Latest Post' plugin ourselves. Instead of the latest posts, for the time being, we can choose 10-15 best posts and display them on the front page. What do you say?

-The Big K-
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @kida ๐Ÿ˜‰
    For the time being you can use this link,it will show "
    posts since your last visit".
    #-Link-Snipped-#

@Big_K
    nice look but i was expecting many more major changes.
    Anyways, Glad to see new CE :gm:

Regards
    lord.ec
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    LORD_EC
    @Big_K
    nice look but i was expecting many more major changes.
    Anyways, Glad to see new CE :gm:

Regards
    lord.ec
    I understand that. I'm really pleased to see the different kinds of reactions on the makeover of CE.

What you see is just 10% of all the changes done. Major changes were done at the backend. This gives us more flexibility to add/remove/manage content and sections. The front page may not have lot of content as of now, but hey, come on, CE needs your contribution!

We'll add more exciting stuff in coming days!

-The Big K-
  • bhuvan
    bhuvan
    Thanks for it as it will be a chance to to new BUDDIES>>>>>>>
  • lady malady
    lady malady
    Great job! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Bumping a very old thread!!!

Biggie : IS there any chance again such that we change the layout and we lost posts and members? its just a doubt not to point anyone.

And we have Lord_Ec he has good number of posts and good contribution can we get him back..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder where our old timers have gone. :neutral:

The change in layout has nothing to do with loss of members. For this upgrade, we had a database crash and an old copy of database had to be restored. That's why we lost about 100 members.

The layout will undergo a change and something fascinating will be setup sometime during November this year. I had to postpone the plans of earlier redesign as few new system are under development.

I'll keep everyone updated through announcements.

PS: Locking this thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is your new year's resolution? ๐Ÿ˜ Mine is to lose 10 kgs! ๐Ÿ˜
you guys will know websites for these: which teach flash, html, ajax, etc. which teach basic electronics.... can you say any perfect site for instrumentation technology, control processing?? that is...
CEans, Few days back, I wrote to Taisei Corporation, Japan and requested information about Project X-Seed 4000. Taisei corporation replied that the project has been closed and Taisei will no...
Hey all you Mechanical Engineers, I wonder if any of you can help me?? My boyfriend is searching for a placement, and can't seem to find a list or database...
CEans, ...who got placed in various companies through campus placements - how about sharing your interview experiences? I believe this will benefit a good bunch of engineering students on CrazyEngineers...