World's Tallest Building Project - X SEED - 4000 - TAISEI Corporation

CEans,

Few days back, I wrote to Taisei Corporation, Japan and requested information about Project X-Seed 4000. Taisei corporation replied that the project has been closed and Taisei will no longer be working on the project.

For the curious brains, here is some information about the project X-Seed 4000:

Taisei corporation, Japan came up with a master plan of building world's tallest building (taller than the Bruj Dubai), in Japan. The building would be of the shape of mount Fuji (take a look at the picture); about 4000 meters hight ( :shifty: ) and about 6.8 kms in diameter! I bet Teisei corporation has lots of crazy engineers! ๐Ÿ˜

[โ€‹IMG]
(Image copyright Teisei Corporation, Japan)

Well, those crazy engineers gave up! But we can't. No, we aren't building the tallest building, but let's started with the discussion about what could be the possible reasons that brought the project to the halt. What are practical, social, moral ( ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ) and technical difficulties that such a project may face?

I'm just giving you hints. Shout your opinion/comments in this thread!

-The Big K-

Replies

• DEP
    DEP
    hi biggie,

am back on CE after a long time and this is the first post i read. Wasn't aware of this project. AS i see it , there can be many difficulties:-

1. Japan is located in an area where several continental and oceanic plates meet resulting in a high frequency of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
    and i believe that even if they have chosen the best possible location in tokyo(where it was proposed to build) then also the natural disasters cant be escaped.

2. what about pumping water to the upper floor?? Hell lot of energy/power consumption.

3. Elevator problem(this isnt my original idea.read about it). Imagine the waiting time to reach upto the top floor.

4. Can you completely rely on the materials for the building's strength?

even with so many problems, i would still appreciate the japanese for thinking something of this sort. They think "BIG" and they do it as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Dep,

Welcome back to CE ๐Ÿ˜€ . I agree with all the problems that you mentioned. There's one big problem I see - how to maintain ground-level atmospheric conditions on the top floors!

Do we have anyone here who's worked on building a skyscraper?

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP
    you are right biggie. The problem surely has a solution. It might not have been worked out yet but still i dont think it is an impossible thing to achieve.
    What do you say?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    hmm ... if you can work around all the other challenges .. earthquakes, energy, materials, location, where on earth would you find the businesses to fill that commercial building up ๐Ÿ˜€

what does wiki have to say about it?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    It'll end up by Burj Dubai being the Tallest.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll try to have Bruj Dubai Engineering team on CE. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Great ๐Ÿ˜

btw Big_K, it's "Burj" not "Bruj". Burj means Tower in Arabic
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    For all those interested and curious engineers, here is an interesting white paper on Burj Dubai and its engineering challenges. Its a must read!

ABSTRACT:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

FULL TEXT PDF:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I will try to contact someone in Emaar or Samsung Engineering and Construction, the main contractors.

Here is relevant information for the interested ๐Ÿ˜€

Design and Architect:#-Link-Snipped-#

Contractor (Main construction): #-Link-Snipped-#

Mechanical and Electrical: By the same company who designed Burj Duabi. SOM: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    For all those interested and curious engineers, here is an interesting white paper on Burj Dubai and its engineering challenges. Its a must read!

ABSTRACT:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

FULL TEXT PDF:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I will try to contact someone in Emaar or Samsung Engineering and Construction, the main contractors.

Here is relevant information for the interested ๐Ÿ˜€

Design and Architect:#-Link-Snipped-#

Contractor (Main construction): #-Link-Snipped-#

Mechanical and Electrical: By the same company who designed Burj Duabi. SOM: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hey xHx, it would be great if you can get in touch with engineers involved in making of Burj Dubai ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh yes, we'll rely on you for the pictures of Burj Dubai! :sshhh:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Great ๐Ÿ˜

btw Big_K, it's "Burj" not "Bruj". Burj means Tower in Arabic
    Ah, sorry for the typo ๐Ÿ˜” . Thanks for correcting, I'll keep that in mind. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • civiLLian
    civiLLian
    Well I believe there were tons starting from financial but here are some that I could think of:

Steel - Just imagine the sheer size of it, the steel intake would be tremendous. Think for abit as how many steel factories they have to order from.

Foundation of the structure - with its sheer size just imagine how deep would the foundation has to be. Not to mention finding the hardrock that could sustain the weight of the structure.

Concrete - I believe up until now, nobody has tried to cure a concrete at 4000 meter. I wonder if the curing time and the strength changes with height as the temperature, moisture and the atmospheric pressure changes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey all you Mechanical Engineers, I wonder if any of you can help me?? My boyfriend is searching for a placement, and can't seem to find a list or database...
CEans, ...who got placed in various companies through campus placements - how about sharing your interview experiences? I believe this will benefit a good bunch of engineering students on CrazyEngineers...
CEans, I bet a good number of crazy engineers must be planning to take Common Admission Test in 2008. The test will (probably) be held in November 2008. So, how...
CEans, Everyday, lot of new members join our beloved website. Unfortunately, we still do not have a guide which will help the new members sail through the tedious (is it?)...

Hi

Hi I'm Kam123. Hope I'll find solutions to my problems & help others too. Take care