CrazyEngineers Mock Aptitude Test #6 Questions & Answers

1. The difference between the local value & face value of 7 in the numeral 32675149 is

Answers

69993 (Answer)

2. 8597 - ? = 7429 - 4358

Answers

5526 (Answer)
none of these

3. Which of the following has most number of divisors?

Answers

176 (Answer)

4. Which of the following is a pair of co-primes?

Answers

(16,62)
(18, 25) (Answer)
( 21,35 )
(23,92)

5. What decimal of an hour is a second?

Answers

0.00027 (Answer)

6. Which of the following fractions is greater than 3/4 & less than 5/6 ?

Answers

1/2
2/3
4/5 (Answer)
9/10

7. The value of 25 – 5[2+3{2 – 2(5 – 3)+5} – 10 ] / 4 is

Answers

23.75 (Answer)

8. Which of the following pairs of fraction adds up-to a number greater than 5?

Answers

(3/5, 3/4)
( 7/3,11/5)
(11/4, 8/3) (Answer)
( 13/5, 11/6)

9. The square root of 64009 is

Answers

253 (Answer)

10. How many two digit numbers satisfy this property: The last digit (Unit’s digit) of the square of the two-digits number is eight ?

Answers

None of these (Answer)

11. In Arun’s opinion his weight is greater than 65 kg but less than72 kg. His brother does not agree with Arun and he thinks that Arun’s weight is greater than 60kg but less than 70 kg. His mother’s view is that his weight cannot be greater than 68 kg. If all of them are correct in their estimation, what is the average of different probable weights of Arun?

Answers

67kg
68kg
69kg
none of these (Answer)

12. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is :

Answers

55 (Answer)

13. If a number is decreased by 4 & divided by 6 ,the result is 8 .What would be the result if 2 is subtracted from the number & then it is divided by 5?

Answers

9 ?
10 (Answer)
10 ?
11?

14. If 1/7th of a number exceeds its 11th part by 100, then the number is:

Answers

1925 (Answer)

15. The ratio between the present ages of Praksh & Ramesh is 6:7. If Ramesh is four years old than Prakash then what will be the ratio of ages of Prakash & Ramesh after 4 years?
Answers

3:4
3:5
4:3
none of these (Answer)

16. The ratio of father’s age & his son’s age is 7:3. The product of their ages is 756. The ratio of their ages after 6 years will be :
Answers

5:2
2:1 (Answer)
11:7
13:9

17. Each of the following analogy questions presents a related pair of words linked by a colon. Five lettered pair of words follow the linked pair.Choose the lettered pair of words whose relationship is most like the relationship expressed in the original linked pair.

MASON : WALL : :

Answers

artist : easel
fisherman : trout
author : book (Answer)
congressman : senator

18. FIRE : ASHES ::

Answers

accident : delay
wood : splinters
water : waves
event : memories (Answer)

19. GOOSE : GANDER ::

Answers

duck : drake (Answer)
hen : chicken
sheep : flock
dog : kennel

20. Each of the following sentence completion questions contains one or two blanks. These blanks signify that a word or set of words has been left out. Below each sentence are four words or sets of words. For each blank, pick the word or set of words that best reflects the sentence's overall meaning .

Normally an individual thunderstorm lasts about 45 minutes, but under certain conditions the storm may -------, becoming ever more severe, for as long as four hours.

Answers

wane
moderate
persist (Answer)
vacillate

21. Perhaps because something in us instinctively distrusts such displays of natural fluency, some readers approach John Updike's fiction with -----

Answers

indifference
suspicion (Answer)
veneration
recklessness

22. Some students are ---- and want to take only the courses for which they see immediate value.

Answers

theoretical
impartial
pragmatic (Answer)
idealistic

23. Each of the following reading comprehension questions are based on the content of the following passage. Read the passage and then determine best answer choice for each question. Base your choice on what this passage states directly or implies, not on any information you may have gained.

Both plants and animals of many sorts show remarkable changes in form , structure, growth habits, and even mode of reproduction in becoming adapted to different climatic environment,types of food supply , or mode of living. This divergence in response to evolution is commonly expressed by altering the form and function of some part or parts of the organism, the original identity of which is clearly discernible. For example, the creeping foot of the snail is seen in related marine pteropods to be modified into a flapping organ useful for swimming ,and is changed into prehensile arms that bear suctorial disks in the squids and other cephalopods.The limbs of various mammals are modified according to several different modes of life- for swift running (cursorial) as in the horse and antelope, for swinging in tress(arboreal) as in the moles and gophers, for flying(volant)as in the bats, for swimming( aquatic) as in the seas, whales, and dolphins, and for other adaptions. The structures or organs that show main change in connection with this adaptive divergence are commonly identified readily as homologous, in spite of great alterations. Thus, the fingers and wristbones of a bat and whale, for instance , have virtually nothing in common except that they are definitely equivalent elements of the mammalian limb.

Which of the following is the most appropriate title for the passage, based on its content?

Answers

Adaptive Divergence (Answer)
Evolution
Unusual Structures
Change in Organs

24. The author provides information that would answer which of the following questions?

I. What factors cause change in organisms?
II. What is theory of evolution?
III. How are horses legs related to seals flippers?

Answers
I only
II only
I and II only
I and III only (Answer)

25. Which of the following words could best be substituted for "homologous" without substantially changing the author's meaning ?

Answers

altered
mammalian
corresponding (Answer)
divergent

26. The author's style can best be described as

Answers

humorous
objective (Answer)
patronizing
esoteric

27. Directions for questions 27 to 30

A cube is painted on all its faces and cut into 125 smaller identical pieces. How many cubes have 2 faces painted?

Answers

36 (Answer)

28. How many cubes have 3 faces painted?

Answers

8 (Answer)

29. How many cubes have no faces painted?

Answers

27 (Answer)

30. How many cubes have 1 face painted?

Answers

54 (Answer)

31. Find x: 101x+99y = 499 and 99x + 101y = 501

Answers

2 (Answer)

32. Thirty years from now , a man will be eight times as old as he was forty years ago. What is the present age of the man (in years)?

Answers

50 (Answer)

33. Seventy five men working on a contract of twelve hours a week can complete a work in forty weeks. If the work is to be completed in thirty weeks working at rate of twenty weeks per week, then how many of the men can be discharged from the contract?

Answers

15 (Answer)

34. 40% of 20 – 10% of 40 + 50% of 30 =

Answers

19 (Answer)

35. Which of the following is the greatest?

Answers

6/9
8/11
7/10
13/16 (Answer)

36. A number when divided by 112 leaves a remainder 30.Find the remainder when it is divided by 28?

Answers

2 (Answer)

37. Two taps can fill the tank 6 hours and 12 hours respectively. If both the taps are opened at the same time, how many hours will they take to fill tank?

Answers

6 hours
4 hours (Answer)
5 hours
2 hours

38. In a 100 m race, X beats Y by 30 m or 5 seconds. Find the speed of Y.

Answers

5 m/s
6 m/s (Answer)
10 m/s
8 m/s

39. In what ratio must two kinds of coffee of rates Rs. 80 per Kg and Rs.108 per Kg be mixed such that the resultant mixture costs Rs. 96 per Kg?

Answers

1:2
2:3
3:4 (Answer)
2:1

40. What sum will yield an interest of Rs. 360 in 6 years at 6%p.a. simple interest?

Answers

100 (Answer)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Top 3 Scorers:

Rajdeep: Points scored : 30.9/40 [ 77.25% ]
    Aarushi: Points scored : 27.8/40 [ 69.5% ]
    Issue: Points scored : 27.2/40 [ 68% ]
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Can some one discuss the paragraphs and numerical questions? I have doubt.

21. Perhaps because something in us instinctively distrusts such displays of natural fluency, some readers approach John Updike's fiction with -----

Answers

indifference
    suspicion (Answer)
    veneration
    recklessness

Which of the following is the most appropriate title for the passage, based on its content?

Answers

Adaptive Divergence (Answer)
    Evolution
    Unusual Structures
    Change in Organs

24. The author provides information that would answer which of the following questions?

I. What factors cause change in organisms?
    II. What is theory of evolution?
    III. How are horses legs related to seals flippers?

Answers
    I only
    II only
    I and II only
    I and III only (Answer)

32. Thirty years from now , a man will be eight times as old as he was forty years ago. What is the present age of the man (in years)?

Answers

50 (Answer)

Seventy five men working on a contract of twelve hours a week can complete a work in forty weeks. If the work is to be completed in thirty weeks working at rate of twenty weeks per week, then how many of the men can be discharged from the contract?

Answers

15 (Answer)
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    The_Big_K
    12. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is :

Answers

55 (Answer)

40. What sum will yield an interest of Rs. 360 in 6 years at 6%p.a. simple interest?

Answers

100 (Answer)
    Can anybody explain me these answers. 😀
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Issue
    Can some one discuss the paragraphs and numerical questions? I have doubt.
    Q :: 32
    Assume man's current age is x, then we can derrive the following equation bassed on the question,
    thirty years from now on means (x + 30) & a man will be eight times as old as he was forty years ago means [ 8 ( x- 40 ) ], both are same.
    x + 30 = 8( x - 40 ),
    so solving this equation we will get x = 50.

Q :: 33
    In first case total 75 men * 12 hours/week * 40 weeks = 36000hrs required to finish the one work.
    Considering second case, we have x men * 20 hours/week * 30 week = x * 600hrs to finish the same work.
    Now you can solve the equation that x * 600 = 36000, so you will get x = 60. But the question is that how many men can ve discharged, so final answer is 75 - 60 = 15.
  • Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    i have doubt in Q.7 and Q.40 .

how come in Q.40 , its 100 and not 1000? the rate is taken as 0.06 in the equation, right ? then the answer is definitely 1000 and not 100. the answer 100 comes only when the rate is taken as 0.6, which is 60% ! and not according to the question.
    if at all i am wrong, please correct me.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Shobhan Mankad
    i have doubt in Q.7 and Q.40 .

how come in Q.40 , its 100 and not 1000? the rate is taken as 0.06 in the equation, right ? then the answer is definitely 1000 and not 100. the answer 100 comes only when the rate is taken as 0.6, which is 60% ! and not according to the question.
    if at all i am wrong, please correct me.
    I too agree with you regarding Q::40.
    Regarding Q::7, the answer is 100% correct as it tells.
    Here is the solution,

25 – 5[2+3{2 – 2(5 – 3)+5} – 10 ] / 4
    making it more simple further, we will get this,
    =25 – 5[2+3{2 – 2(2)+5} – 10 ] / 4
    =25 – 5[2+3{2 – 4+5} – 10 ] / 4
    =25 – 5[2+3{3} – 10 ] / 4
    =25 – 5[2+9 – 10 ] / 4
    =25 – 5[2+9 – 10 ] / 4
    =25 – 5[1] / 4
    but by this time you may have did like this,
    =20 / 4 = 5
    but the actual soultion is
    =25 - 5/4 = 25 - 1.25 = 23.75

Don't worry @Shobham you are not alone, I am with you cause I did the same mistake in the test 😁
  • Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    Q.21 it says "distrusts such displays of natural fluency" and also is mentioned that it is "fiction" to which , you would get suspicious. fiction is something which is not true, so you obviously doubt it instead of believing it blindly. Veneration is something you value very much and also respect them, so this word is out of option. even recklessness doesnt fit. but indifference makes one of the probable answers,however over all a negative feeling of the sentence comes, and hence the word suspicious.

Q.22 read the para again, it certainly isnt about evolution, or change of organs or definitely not about unusual structures. so A option is appropriate. what did you have in mind ?

Q.24 the author is trying to convey the I and III question, you can easily look for those answers in the para. I is obvious, what causes changes in organisms, then the answer is adaptive divergence and III how are horses and seals related, this answer is given in the para by explaining the reason of adaptive and environmental changes in the para.
  • Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    @rajdeep , aah snap ! now i get my mistake in Q.7, thanks 😀
    and so we should add +1 in our marks for Q.40 !!! 😉
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Shobhan Mankad
    @rajdeep , aah snap ! now i get my mistake in Q.7, thanks 😀
    and so we should add +1 in our marks for Q.40 !!! 😉
    Not +1 but we should add +1.33, since we are having negative marking... :razz:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai this is harikrishna 2nd year mechanical engineering.i want to share all my doubts and info with all of you.so can you keep touch with me!
hi, i m presently persuaing my 7th sem in chemical engg.(b.tech). i m confused regarding higher studies or jobs ( that too it companies). If studies then which higher studies...

hai

hai .....................this is somesh .....................................😁😁
Hi, Im a Fresh Graduate of Civil Engineering, hope i will have nice time with You guys 😉
Sometimes when you feel a little bored, you are confused too. You can't decide what else to do.