CrazyEngineers Adopts New Logo!

Dear CEans, We are proud to announce our brand new logo - that'd soon make it to your lives and penetrate deep in your heart & brain. You might have already spotted the logo on the web; but today comes the time when we officially adopt it! Before we start -

An Untold Story From The Book Of CrazyEngineers History

In 2005, when we began our journey all we had was a lonely portal residing in one corner of a web that no one knew or cared about. We had no clue that CE would become a well known brand among engineers and no attention was paid to how our logo looked like. We haven't had any 'logo' as such and all we did was to play with the way 'Crazy Engineers' was written. Here's one of our logo from 2006 -

crazyengineers
The image above was created using a free fancy text generator available on the Internet and continued to be appear at the top of CrazyEngineers for a very long time.

The current logo:-

The current logo (if you want to call it one), required no special work. The theme we used for CrazyEngineers shipped with a font called 'Backslash' and all we did was simply write 'CrazyEngineers' using that font. The registered mark was added after we got the trademark for word 'CrazyEngineers' and it's been use on CrazyEngineers for last few years.

The times have changed

Times have changed and CrazyEngineers has now become an important and relevant part of the Internet; specially the lives of all our most active and awesome CEans. With our growing partnerships with events world-wide; we wanted a logo that represents us; is compact (so that it can be featured on your t-shirts, cars, foreheads 😁, bikes, blogs et al without consuming a lot of space and make you proud. We also wanted a logo that was distinct, memorable yet very simple and boy - we couldn't figure out what we really wanted.

The Logo Designed By Our Own CEan!

Nothing gives us more pride than having the logo designed by our own CEan; and we couldn't thank enough CEan @#-Link-Snipped-# (aka Rahul Anand) for designing this wonderful logo for us. Our new logo is all his imagination, creativity and CG skills! Have a look !

CE-Logo-Sketch

We hope you will appreciate the beauty of this logo and all it conveys: from digital to buildings - CE is for every engineer on the globe.

Here's how the final version of the logo looks like in black -

CE-Black-Logo

Why do I still see the old logo on the site?

Because we believe the current header doesn't go well with our new logo design and we're working on fixing that! At this time, we've no ETA for the new design; but that's something we're working on!

Stay tuned!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Contests for the great work and convey our wishes to Rahul who made it spectacular.Waiting to see fully loaded CE.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sorry I typed congrats but dictionary selected contests.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    CE new logo is really awesome...great work @#-Link-Snipped-#...Really liked the shadow view...
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    A Thumbs Up 👍 for the great work @#-Link-Snipped-#.

The Logo itself describes its motto "UNITING ENGINEERS ACROSS THE WORLD"
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: Let me know the size of the header you're planning and the colour preferences you're looking for. Will give a try with .png format.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    @#-Link-Snipped-#: Let me know the size of the header you're planning and the colour preferences you're looking for. Will give a try with .png format.
    We're planning for a complete redesign of the header. There are no ideas in mind right now; but if you could come up with something on your own; we'd definitely see what we can do.

I personally want to see a plain header done using CSS.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia X has officially arrived in India. Priced at Rs. 8,599 - the phone offers all the basic features that are expected from mid-budget Android smartphones. Nokia X's two elder...
Say hello to the Archival Disc - a new optical disc format that promises long term data storage. A single archival disc (AD) will store about 300GB to 1TB of...
A team of researchers from Microsoft has come up with a new technology called 'SurroundWeb' that lets you convert your entire room into a display that can be interacted with....
How can i do cloud computing for an E-learning application by cloudsim as a project
Hi, my name's Arial Salvator. I'm IT engineer and into programming and networking. I do some C,C++,C# and Java projects as an Occupation but i want to make improve on...