Corning Gorilla Glass Arrives In India, Aims At Domestic Handset Makers

Corning, the company famous for developing the Gorilla Glass, used in so many top-notch smartphones to protect our touchscreen displays, has finally arrived in India. With the aim to solidify its presence in the fast-booming gadget-lovers market and on its way to climb the sales charts and thereby increase its revenues, Corning officials are here to study and understand the needs of the local handset makers (Karbonn, Mircomax, Lava etc.) and spend time in developing its foothold in Asia's key mobile phone market. With that goal, the company has launched Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with Native Damage Resistance and Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass in the country.

It goes to say that we might soon see these two glass technologies incorporated in the upcoming smartphones and tablets manufactured by the Indian OEMs. Corning Gorilla Glass Director (Worldwide Sales and Applications Engineering) James Hollis, believe that there's a significant opportunity in supporting the local brands in India.

corning-gorilla-glass

Owing to the mind-blowing growth of touch-enabled devices in India, Amit Bansal, President, Corning Technologies India, believes that Gorilla Glass 3 can provide much more than scratch resistance i.e. brighter images, and better touch sensitivity. Moreover, if you and I get down to studying the specs of the anti-microbial Corning Gorilla Glass, we will be astounded by the fact that we really do need some microbe resistance on our touch screens. See the following video to know more on this -

What do you think about that? Share your thoughts with us in replies below.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Corning Gorilla Glass is already used by more than 33 major brands worldwide, let's see how many brands added to its list by targeting domestic ones.

Also, another point to see is if they drop their price and quality for the brands like Micromax, Lava, Karboon etc...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are still not back from the awe of wearable technology, be prepared to have your mind blown with the latest research work in a new form of "spaser"...
Researchers from Australian National University (ANU) have developed a new lens-making procedure wherein drops of silicone are baked in an oven to produce high quality lenses that are unbelievably cheap....
The launch of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is just few months away, but we're already getting a taste of what's cooking in Samsung's labs. It's expected that Samsung will formally...
there is no name of my college in institution name.my college name was sri satyanarayana engineering college ongole, affliated to jntu kakinada.so may i use jntu kakinada as a institition...
Hello friends... Exam Date of CDAC PG courses for August Batch 2014 is OUT!! its to be held on 9th june and 15th june.. I am going to attempt the...