Control home appliances using mobile phone

I want to control a home appliance like a table lamp on or off by giving command from my cell phone to the system which would b fitted in the lamp kit.....can u guyz help me out??

Replies

• saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    Nice question karan but i know a method of controlling pc through mobile via bluetooth but for home appliance yeah its possible but little more complicated i suppose
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    a bluetooth pico-net can supposedly support only 7 or 8 slaves. So not all equipments can participate in a PAN at same time and what about frequency we use to do these kinda activities?
    and all these appliances also need to 'react' to the commands, so in a sense they need to be intelligent to intercept the commands. That would make them have radio receivers and may be transmitters be employed to suggest the power used 😉. May be more of sensor network of its own.

Nevertheless, if not on your own , there are few technologies being developed on similar lines though
    read --> #-Link-Snipped-#
    read --> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • karan bajaj
    karan bajaj
    @durga....
    sorry friend the language you used in your post is quiet difficult for me....i am unable to understand wat you are saying??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi karan,

can you be a little specific on what you are looking for?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    If you are trying to built it for short ranges you have to use bluetooth technology, for long range you have to use wireless sensor networks.
  • binu_ji
    binu_ji
    Controlling home appliances through mobile is easy now with the serial bluetooth modules. Check here
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Use GSM. We can get this thing in the market ready made in parts. Search for it in project shops. This can be a good mini project. Best of luck.
  • euieLC
    euieLC
    i had encountered students implemented home appliances having their own ip addresses so that they can control it with their mobiles using the internet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lots of my classmates will go for advanced java for their upcoming training. can anyone explain me short what is difference between advanced java and core java?
i need ebooks on PIC16f877a and Atmega16/32 microcontrollers at my place, in markets, they don't sell such books, and i can't go to metro cities so i need to download...
OPTILED Lighting International (OPTILED), a pioneer in LED lighting for the past decade, will be showing its full range of products at Light+Building 2010. Frankfurt, Germany – 12 April 2010...
Sir / Madam, My questions is, A positive whole number M less than 100 is represented in base 2 notation, base 3 notation, and base 5 notation. It is found...
guys i am not able to correct this program .please check if you can find and correct some error in this IDENTIFICATION DIVISION. PROGRAM-ID. OPEN-CLOSE. AUTHOR. MANISH. ENVIRONMENT DIVISION. INPUT-OUTPUT...