CrazyEngineers
  • hi everyone,

I was searching on internet about the available software and toolbox which can help me to develop application on computer vision. And I found following material.
    1. Matlab Acquisition toolbox.
    2. Aforge.Net (.net framework)
    3. openCV (library in c/c++)

And I am unable to decide which one is robust and complete.
    can any one suggest me.?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 7, 2013

What type of vision application you want to build? Vision applications can be of various types and utilities. You application specifications will decide which base you should work on to develop it. Whether its a long life application or a script for particular purpose. Everything depends on what you want to build. So if you can share with us your idea, we might try and help you.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • junaidzubair

MemberAug 8, 2013

Ok.
    Idea of application is simple. I just want to convert a monitor screen into a touchable screen like a smart phone..means no need of mouse and other interacting devices as we usually use to interact with our desktop pc.
    This application will need a web cam which will capture the hand motion and rest of processing task depends on coding(where I need help).
    So which environment is suitable to code this application.?
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 8, 2013

Well, you cannot convert a normal desktop screen into a gesture sensitive one using a Webcam code. It will require an integrated matrix automated virtualization for your purpose. You will need a screen which has touch screen feature or atleast that necessary hardware. Even though if you are trying to develop a GESTURE sensitive application, I guess you are looking for "Leap Motion" technique. And this will be done using sensors not your webcam. You can google Leap Motion and see if it suits your needs. There are many papers written on that as well and you will find your frame background from there itself. It again has a lot of applications.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 8, 2013

You can make a non touch screen into a touch screen using matrix interfacing of the screen

But you will need more than just simulator like Matlab to implement it are you planning on a working model or a simulation of it
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register