Closed circuit taser build

Hi guys,

I've been searching the net for guides and components needed to create a closed circuit taser. Is that the right term for it? Hopefully i found the right place and can get som help. Here's what i'm looking to build and why;

A device that operates and functions like a capacitor and which discharges something between xx and xx (µ?) volts when touched. The poles should be connected and the object that touches it is and will not be grounded. How is that possible?

I've been looking at electrical fences and how they work but that won't cut it for what i'm after. If a bird lands on a charged fence then no discharge will occur because the bird is not touching a ground source.

Why?

I am getting tired of having the neighborhood cats walk up onto my hood after spending hours washing and shining just to find dirty paw marks and stains on it the next day. I don't want to kill them (3 or 4 fat cats), i just want to teach them a lesson.... :sshhh:

I was thinking i could hook up a device that sends a charge through the hood and only the hood. Then when something, i.e. a cat jumps up on the shiny red and warm hood, it'll immediately jump off and stay off!
Hopefully this device can work through paint. Does this thing exist and or does it even seem possible?

I hope i'm not offending anyone with this, as the line between being smart and being cruel is easily crossed i admit. I do not hate animals and i don't wish them any harm but i do love my car even more.

Any input or feedback welcome.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    you might run into some problems if a neighbor kid looks at your car and touches it (in a non-harming way, yes I know they shouldn't be on your property) thus getting shocked or you check your oil and forget to switch it off first. How are you planning to supply the power? Have you tried talking to the owners?

Personaly I do not like the idea, however you didn't ask that so I'll keep my mouth shut. =)
  • Deltona
    Deltona
    Hi,

The voltage delivered wouldn't be too high in human standards. You would be able to feel it, but it wouldn't be harmfull. I can't immagine why a kid would want to touch the car but i won't rule it out even though there aren't any kids in the neighborhood. Neighbors can't do anything about it. They get the same treatment on their own cars.

I'll wire the system to the alarm and power it through the car battery. I never touch the car without disabling the alarm...
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well why dont you install a fence having sharp edges instead of energising them
  • Deltona
    Deltona
    I am looking for a simple and mobile solution, one that i can take with me anywhere i go. A fence will not stop a cat from jumping over and onto the car, no matter how sharp it is. The idea of a sharp fence raises serious concerns and it is too much of a hassle.

I take it that what i am trying to build so far canot be built. Doesn't anyone have a clue on how i can make it happen? Clues, tips, advise, anything?

How can you make a metal surface release an electric current without having that surface grounded by one way or the other?
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    The electric current hydrodynamic effect on the metal surface layers due to the electronic liquid braking by the metal surface is considered in terms of the diffusivity parameter [​IMG] approximation. The relation between the coefficient of the electronic liquid kinematic friction against the surface and the [​IMG] parameter is obtained. It is shown that when current flows, in the near-surface layer of the order of about the mean electron free path length the mechanical stresses [​IMG] [​IMG]pFj/e arise, where pf stands for the Fermi momentum, j for the current density in the metal, e for the electron charge. It is noted that under the conditions of electroplastic deformation these stresses amount to a fairly significant value and can stimulate the dislocation processes in the near surface layer of metal.
  • Deltona
    Deltona
    Excellent read! There's alot to work with here. It does, however, raise concern in the electro plastic deformation due to the present electric field. I'm afraid that through prolonged exposure to the electric fields generated in and on the metal and paint of the hood, at different temperatures, it will more than likely have a negative effect and lead to deterioration and deformation of the metal.

If i understand the formula correctly, i wil have to successfully agitate electrons to the point of instability through the calculation of Fermi Momentum, address the values of different conditions that have an effect on it and at the same time -- manage and contain the electron charge in the metal.

Is there a formula for calculating kinematic friction if you have the values for the metal (conductor) density and surface area? Am i working backwards here?

Thanks for the input guys! 😀
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    Kinetic Friction: [​IMG]
    Kinetic Friction Coefficient: [​IMG]
    Normal Force: [​IMG]
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    Kinetic friction due to Ohm's law heating

Using both a recent calculation by Bruch of the damping of the motion of a monolayer nitrogen film oscillating harmonically on a metallic surface due to Ohm's law heating and a Thomas-Fermi approximation treatment of the Ohm's law heating mechanism, which accounts for the nonzero thickness of the surface region of a metal, it is argued that this mechanism for friction is able to account for recent measurements of the drop in the friction for a nitrogen film sliding over a lead substrate as it goes below its superconducting transition temperature. Bruch's calculation is also made more transparent by redoing the calculation for a film sliding at constant speed, instead of oscillating. Using this treatment, it is easily shown that Bruch's calculation is equivalent to integrating Boyer's solution of the problem of a charge sliding over a metallic surface over the charge density of the monolayer nitrogen film.
  • Deltona
    Deltona
    There was hope in the beginning but this is going in the wrong direction. I'm afraid it is getting too complicated to work with. Thanks for the input so far...
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Let me clarify this..Perimeter fencing is not atall harmful to human..it delivers high current which last for few milliseconds only,being non harmful to human body.Also yes it requires a ground to touch to energise the same,since it is basically meant to stop intruder scaling.Regarding cat scaling etc i dont think electric wires is good choice.You can look for H-wire,Barb Wire etc.
  • vonlich
    vonlich
    Ok, very low tech possibility, Have you thought about connecting a soft brush to the underside of the bonnet to use the bonnet itself to build up static electricity, The effectiveness of this would depend on wether there is any way that the bonnet may be connected to ground and wether the cat is in contact with the bonnet and ground at any point.
    And before you go putting any form of charge through the bonnet just make sure it cant be transferred through to the fuel tank...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mind mapping is in an increasingly popular way to brainstorm, and last week we asked you to share your favorite mind mapping applications and rounded up the top five. The...
As much as we'd like this to be a still from a new, secretly-in-development Cronenberg movie, it's actually an image of the nightmare-inducing mechanical heart that stars in a new...
Preliminary Experiments for Control of a Induction Motor fitted with Separate Stator Tooth Coils The purpose of this project is to carry out the initial experimental investigations into the control...
Many Many Happy returns of the day Happy Birthday sudhanshu, furkan_ims, komputergeek​ 🎉 🎉​
Name: Mohd Firdaus Maliami Engineering Trade:Electrical Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Occupation: Student in University of Kuala Lumpur - British Malaysia Institute Work Experience: - Hobbies & Interests:Futsal *Aim in life:...