Choosing a uC for a synthesizer

Hello.

I'm looking for a uC with 35~40 input pins and at least two good (12~16-bit) DAC. Perferably with an internal clock.

The input pins are for the 25-note keyboard (two octaves) plus some switches and the two DACs are for controlling the frequency and amplitude of a separate oscillator circuit.

Thanks in advance.

~Zeev

Replies

• SAI008
    SAI008
    Any Avr microcontroller would do for uu,,in DIP package with 40 pins Atmega 32,16,16l and can be run with internal clock as ADC inbuilt ..go thrgh their data sheets ...any query post it here
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes there are available in FREESCALE also but ATMEL is easy in programming and its programmer is available so i suggest go with ATMEL.
  • zeevro
    zeevro
    The AVRs don't have any DACs at all...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Freescale and NXP have DAC take a look at them also... NXP's LPC series have such DAC.
  • SAI008
    SAI008
    ya very well said God father ..ya freescale and NXP do have that ..but does they support ISP as AVR does and I donno much about Freescale but getting work done of DAC with internal clock .... I would rather get it done thrgh other components . as the circuit has to seperately control the frequency of oscillator circuit ...

God father as you said about Freescale ..will u please highlight its features too I would be helpful to everyone as well about its programming techniques ...
    Thanks in Advance
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes i know about Freescale but i have to Prepare the data to teach other people.. there is one more Good idea let... i will teach you people about NXP LPC series... hows this? i have some Ppt from that i will post it here and its easy for you people to learn those things.

Godfather

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi frezz! I m a second year information technology student.i like to do summer training.please help me ,provide me knowledge about the companies providing training in this field... PLZ.......HELP ME...
I have an exam on Monday and haven't been able to get in touch with my lecturer for the topic so I'm in need of a little help understanding plugging...
Help for microcontrol project Hi, I'm a mechanical Engineer and I want to control : 5 motors in sequence on/off (stage 1) 2 motors after every stage 1 finished (stage...
There is gas supply system to excimer laser, and within this system there is a device, name and principle operation of which I would like to know. It has three...
hi guys, im roland, my field is in Civil engineering. im in ON. right now, my hoobies are ham radio and bigbikes... hope to have friends here.. thanks 73