Chemical engineering is nothing but pharmacy - true or not?

sir tel me what is subject/syllabus.many r telng chemical eng. is nothing but pharmacy?is it?i like topics like mettalurgy,plastics etc.i want to take up this brach pls reply what wd be the subject fr 4 years..pls mail me

Replies

• prashpan
    prashpan
    Ok That is a hilarious statement. I don't Know who told you this but it is absolutely wrong.
    The applications of a chemical engineering are vast.

In First Year you will learn a bit of every thing computer, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Electrical, Mechanical, Drawing, Civil.

In Second Year You will Have subjects like Solid Mechanics, Chemical Materials , Engineering Maths , Advanced Chemistry, Process Calculations, Unit operations

Third Year will teach you will teach you Heat And Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics.
    Mass transfer II , Chemical Reaction Engineering, Thermodynamics,And Electives

Final Year Will Teach You Transport Phenomena , Instrumentation, Process Design, Plant Economics, CAD, Safety And Pollution Control, Process Modelling, Along with Project/Seminar.

These Are The Major subjects that form the core of chemical engineering. As you can see there is no pharmacy related Subjects. Of course the subjects may depend on your institute, So find out the curriculum before joining the college. Also if you have special interest in Any particular field you can always take it as elective and/Or in your project provided the institute has a faculty who can teach that field.
    Feel Free to ask.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    By the way; why do you want only 'sir' to answer your question?
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    The_Big_K
    By the way; why do you want only 'sir' to answer your question?
    Forgive my ignorance which Sir are we talking about??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    prashpan
    Forgive my ignorance which Sir are we talking about??
    Not you, buddy 😁 . The first post starts with 'Sir'.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    The_Big_K
    Not you, buddy 😁 . The first post starts with 'Sir'.
    Ohh.. I took it as general term. Anybody who is a senior in my field is to be called "Sir" out of respect.😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    laksaiii
    sir tel me what is subject/syllabus.many r telng chemical eng. is nothing but pharmacy?is it?i like topics like mettalurgy,plastics etc.i want to take up this brach pls reply what wd be the subject fr 4 years..pls mail me
    i feel the people who said that are vintage in thier quest of knowledge

chemistry is a sea in which medicine is not even a shore to set your feet on
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    laksaiii
    many r telng chemical eng. is nothing but pharmacy?is it?
    Very true, it is Pharmacy (rather pharmaceutical engineering).
    It also is Atom Bomb (Uranium enrichment was first done in the US in the Chemical Engineering Lab of an American University). You can find something for every letter of the alphabet going all the way to Zeolite and molecular sieve technology.
    My dear sir, Chemical Engineering is a truly Crazy Engineering subject that is all things to all men (and women too).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I sometimes think everything is a sub-set of Chemical Engineering 😲
  • RAHUL PRASAD
    RAHUL PRASAD
    laksaiii
    sorry dude...chemical engineering doesn't include the subjects that you are interested in....
    yes you will learn about metallurgy and plastics........but not in depth......
    chemical engineering includes subjects like thermodynamics, reaction engineering and heat transfer..which are too tough and boring at times.....more theory stuff.....

i am pursuing chemical engineering and want to tell you that this branch has nothing to do with pharmacy........and also currently there are very few companies hiring chemical engineers..........be wise in your decision and good luck

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can Anyone give me the formula for calculating plate size needed to make the 10 % torispherical dish ends for a reactor? Diameter of reactor is 3000 mm
I AM GAME LOVER AND PLAY LOT OF GAMES BUT I HAD THOUGHT OF CREATING MY OWN GAMES INSTEAD OF PLAYING SOME CREATED IT , SO WHAT ALL COURSES I...
i want some good books for 5th sem (electronics and communication) subjects: vlsi , vhdl , dsp pls some good books where i can understand the concept and lot of...
Here is a list of project ideas related to Cloud Computing. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
Let us make a collection of project ideas for developing apps on iOS for iPhone and iPad. iOS App developers use Xcode, Apple’s integrated development environment (IDE) and have the...