Change case in excel only in randomly selected cells

Would it possible to select some cells in the excel randomly(not in the same column or same row) and Do case change(upper to lower or lower to upper) ??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-#. Yes, it should be possible to do that. It's not clear how big the change is (number of cells that need an update). I'm tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# to help us out here. He explained the solution to me over the chat; but it's still beyond me. 😕
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You mean to do this through a program or manually?

We can do this through a simple program but the random cells what you are talking about we need the row id and column id.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - are you familiar with VBA scripting? I think UPPER() , LOWER() and PROPER() functions can be used; but it's not clear whether the change in case is going to be uniform all over the sheet. If it's a mix of upper and lower case transformation; then the things could be slightly more complicated.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am not familiar with VBA, but I am with VB Scripting. We have something called Excel object API in VB Scripting. Using this we can do whatever you want to do.

If you want a basic idea, search with Excel.Application, you will get lot of details.

And if there is a specific requirement, I would love to help in converting whatever the user wants 😀
  • Kanagavel A
    Kanagavel A
    As you said UPPER() , LOWER() and PROPER() functions can be used...But we need to enter thses informations in another cell (connecting the cell which we want to modify) then finally we have to move this to our destination cell...Can we do it in the same cell like selecting those and pressing some shortcuts or anyother...??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you're concerned about sinusoidal HDL & LDL cholesterol levels in your bloodstream, you need not visit your pathologist frequently. All you need is an iPhone and a new attachment...
A team of researchers at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) has developed a new device called WiTrack, that is a 3D motion tracking system which functions even through walls. It...
How does a wired connection connect to radio wave communication and vice-verse?
Nokia had launched the Nokia Asha 502 smartphone back in October along with Nokia Asha 500 and Asha 503 at the Nokia World event in Abu Dhabi. Available in the...
Realise a simple channel coding scheme for FEC using RS coding and draw its SNR curve. If any one know reply me....