CEoM August 2013 - General Talk

Why not have an 'unofficial' discussion thread for CEoM August 2013? ๐Ÿ˜€ . I see that this month's CEoM is going to be very special. Unlike last time, I don't want to see the activity going 'very high' for the first 10 days and then coming down. Rather, I hope the participants would make it very tough for the final winner!

I see #-Link-Snipped-# is doing an exceptional job just like the veteran #-Link-Snipped-#. Waiting for the underdogs to take over and blast it all!

Keep it up, folks!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Many thanks to #-Link-Snipped-# for the nice graphic he's created for CEoM Live Score. Provides one click access to the CEoM App. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I love the image great work #-Link-Snipped-#..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Keep it up #-Link-Snipped-#!

Whoops.. I sorta forgot to sign up for August CEoM ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash

๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well Always CEom in the first few hours is like a boom after that the whistle just dies down This time we need consistent show from all CEans to make this even more competitive
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ash

why not use the back door to get an entry.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    When one can cancel the nomination from back door then why not get an entry ???

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the last month's trend is repeating. The gap between the top competitors and the followers is growing huge - not a desirable situation to be in for a healthy competition.

Come on folks - don't make it easy for anyone to win.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well well only 3 more days and projects start but still 3 days performance is more than enough to be in the top three of the table
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-# -
    Lately I have observed that, in order to win the race people are just starting the threads and not following them, or probably not replying to others thread as they used to do in past.

One reason, I could sense was the app is offering 20 points for reply and 100 points for new thread.

I seriously feel that app should offer more points to reply (Probably 40 words can offer 20 and more than > 60-80 words offers 50 points, so that folks will give some efforts) so that people will also try to respond to the threads and we will not end up creating new threads only.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It still won't help. If someone's found to be taking undue advantage, he/she will be disqualified.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Checking threads and posting will be more enough

But if the are given an option to select the best thread of the month the topic starter can be awarded more bonus than for just starting threads and not even bothering to check them up
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like most of the warriors have dropped weapons already. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Who cares? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like most of the warriors have dropped weapons already. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Who cares? ๐Ÿ˜

Dropped weapons ๐Ÿ‘€
    You are well within the range..

and I am sure very soon we are going to get a flood just wait for conqueror, AR and others to get free.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    โ˜•
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well two projects almost choked me this week I may have to drop weapons I could hardly sit up today in front of my laptop
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I will do my best sir.Got stuck due to industrial visit.August is going to be a blast sir.#-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    โ˜•

*sips coffee*
    Kaustubh Katdare
    โ˜•

*sips coffee*
    I dont understand your quote sir.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Code:

while ( score_of_KK > score_of_others)
    {

โ˜•

}
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well you are the admin not having to go to college and slog there for about 8 hours And with server issues not popping Very often you can relax your mind in CE

Not like us mate
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Note : Adding a resource will award you +50 points, in case you guys forgot. ๐Ÿ˜€

PS : Avoid uploading copyright,licensed books.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I removed a few copyrighted uploads a few hours ago.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I removed a few copyrighted uploads a few hours ago.
    There are so many free/open licensed books in internet. I don't understand why CEans ends up uploading copyright books ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I couldn't help but update my status. The big daddy is showing how it's done, folks! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    #-Link-Snipped-#: You are not supposed to win. Whom will you give the prize check in the photo?? This seems awkward i guess. The man who is giving prize is already winning.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nayan Goenka
    #-Link-Snipped-#: You are not supposed to win. Whom will you give the prize check in the photo?? This seems awkward i guess. The man who is giving prize is already winning.
    I was hoping for some competition this time. I'm bit disappointed though. But we're still not done with a third of the competition and I'm hoping I'll have a worthy competitor ๐Ÿ˜€

But looking at the speed my score is growing, I think it's going to be an easy run for me.

Should I win? I don't know. Maybe I'll disqualify myself like last time.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Poor guy. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜:๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜:๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Sorry sir projects are real pain I will try but can't compete your speed even a day
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Was away for 3 days, and *someone* got a lead of 3000+
    22 days to go, *someone* is chasing *someone*

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# where are you guyz??

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    โ˜•
    crazyboy

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# where are you guyz??

-CB
    Wait till 30/08/13 you would see a new ceom.I am free for next 3 days and you will see a change in the order bro.I am not concerned for winning ceom but i am dying to create worthy threads.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, people - avoid spamming. Create value. When you win - you and the entire community should feel proud of you ๐Ÿ˜€
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, people - avoid spamming. Create value. When you win - you and the entire community should feel proud of you ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes sir I understand.I want to make clear that we produce more quantity threads rather than quality threads.I am not complaining about the system but it can be changed.Creating threads alone should not select an winner.Thread replying and ratings should give more points.

If can please change the ranking system ji.#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CSK AUTO
    Yes sir I understand.I want to make clear that we produce more quantity threads rather than quality threads.I am not complaining about the system but it can be changed.Creating threads alone should not select an winner.Thread replying and ratings should give more points.

If can please change the ranking system ji.#-Link-Snipped-#
    Then people will start writing spammy replies, nothing changes.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    crazyboy
    Sorry CB, Bit busy. I will be back ASAP, fo' sho'
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    crazyboy

-CB
    All occupied with office work..
    Hardly getting any time. Have 3 days holidays now though. Will try my best to create some content.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If anyone's got questions / doubts / issues - this is the thread to post them.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If anyone's got questions / doubts / issues - this is the thread to post them.

How to beat you in the competition? You are acting like a pole star for me. a point of reference of your performance/position. Maintain a healthy difference in points from you ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Better start useful threads pls and pls post in forum after a simple search That will make unique topics come up on CE

Loving CEoM
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, you see the point of CEoM is to offer an incentive to CEans to contribute great content - which benefits everyone. So it's win-win situation for everyone. CE gets content and that attracts more people to CE. Our members benefit by opening their minds to plenty of ideas / views / knowledge / wisdom etc. which will help them in their professional and personal lives even without their notice.

There are few integral drawbacks of the CEoM app which we are aware of. We are rewarding points for quantity as well as quality. We need both! Since we cannot have fixed parameters to judge a posts's quality; we're offering points on quantity. That might be a wrong approach, but it's working in our favor. Every time a member re-visits CE, we want to offer them something new, something to think about.

Beating me in CEoM is easy. You've to learn to build discussions. I've been doing it for so long that it no longer looks like a 'task' to me. There were times when this place had only me posting stuff and a stupid AltaVista bot reading it. But the site's grown a lot in the last few years.

I'm participating only to make the competition tougher to everyone. Plus, I'm < 50% of my top content creation rate. I'll go full-on when I see at least 5-10 contestants playing with a narrow margin. So far, it's like last month - the leader's leading with huge margins.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I dont think margin of 500-1000 is huge. It can be easily covered in a day. you just have to pay attention to threads and read more.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    I dont think margin of 500-1000 is huge. It can be easily covered in a day. you just have to pay attention to threads and read more.
    PS: how many are in such close contention ?
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    **Is CEoM conducted all round the year or some specific months only ??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Cyborg 009
    **Is CEoM conducted all round the year or some specific months only ??
    It started in July and will continue forever. The applications for the next months are already open. Make sure you've applied.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It started in July and will continue forever. The applications for the next months are already open. Make sure you've applied.

I see many people in Hall of Fame who won title before also. Was there some different way of judgement at that time?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nayan Goenka
    I see many people in Hall of Fame who won title before also. Was there some different way of judgement at that time?
    The CEoM was chosen by the mods then. The CEoM would be unveiled at the end of the month. With the launch of the app, we're trying to gamify the whole thing.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The CEoM was chosen by the mods then. The CEoM would be unveiled at the end of the month. With the launch of the app, we're trying to gamify the whole thing.
    Its interesting boss.Could you please elaborate the old procedure to select an ceom? if you are interested.As we are new batch and dont know the golden batch
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Kaustubh Katdare
    But looking at the speed my score is growing, I think it's going to be an easy run for me.

That does not look like a good option. If you are eligible to win, you must win. We do look up to you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are no batches here. Once a CEan, always a CEan ๐Ÿ˜€ . The mods would collectively decide who was the most valuable member in any given month and the winner would receive a CE T-Shirt along with a gift from the CEoM title sponsors QuickHeal.

Right now, it's all a game so everyone knows who stands where in the competition.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lovebox
    That does not look like a good option. If you are eligible to win, you must win. We do look up to you.
    I'm only playing to make sure that the winner feels like a winner ๐Ÿ˜€ .
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yea exactly. Like the winner thinks he came second in the race ๐Ÿ˜›
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You surely are a Triton among minnows. Feels great to have you lead us (and here, I mean more than just the CEoM scoreboard).
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    It sucks to lose after leading for 29 days. Zzzzz. The nightmare is back. @#-Link-Snipped-# The good admin is in burst mode. ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜”

No worries. Next month ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You're dropping your weapons too soon, like most of the other CEans. I just hope the next month we'll see some 'fierce' competition.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You're dropping your weapons too soon, like most of the other CEans. I just hope the next month we'll see some 'fierce' competition.
    Well I ain't dropping weapons ๐Ÿ˜› Will try to cope up. I still got 39 hours and 300 points lead. I am worried about the time, holding up at your speed is not easy.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nayan Goenka
    Well I ain't dropping weapons ๐Ÿ˜› Will try to cope up. I still got 39 hours and 300 points lead. I am worried about the time, holding up at your speed is not easy.
    Post quality substsance and that will give you more likes and that will boost your score a lot more than starting useless threads
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Conqueror
    Post quality substsance and that will give you more likes and that will boost your score a lot more than starting useless threads
    If you found any useless thread, please report it so that the mods/admins can take appropriate action.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've spotted a bug with CEoM App. It's currently accepting nominations for October competition. We'll working on discovering the issue fixing it.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I think the system might be set to starting applications for next month on 30th of the earlier one. Like CEoM was started in July. June was the application period. June had 30 days. At the stroke when date changed to July, August applications started. So it is cached on 30days per month. This month it has 31 days. So at stroke on 0000 hrs, it started the applications for next month but technically it was a day earlier. Might be one probable issue. I didn't see the code.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Did you remove the CEoM widget link from the right panel on purpose? I cannot see it. Also when I opened it using link, the score doesn't seem to update now. Is it done on purpose?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been reading about Big Data technologies off late and gathered that Big data is the need of the hour because of the growing size of data and RDBMS's...
i am undergoing 6 month industrial training in java..and i feel somewhere my oops concepts are still weak..should i do a c++ course along with it?? i think i'll mix...
The USB 3.0 promoter group has announced the availability of USB 3.1 specifications. What's the most important point to notice is that the new standard will offer whooping 10 Gbps...
Let's collect all the coolest Google Search Tricks that make the it the most awesome search engine in the world. Use Google As A Countdown Timer Want to set up...
I was looking up on where/how we are hosting these forums. After some help/information as well as some research i know that we use Xenforo Environment over Zend framework hosted...