Centos 7 VS Centos 6.5

Hello

Can any guide me why one should consider upgrading centos 6.5 to centos 7?

What are the major upgrades from 6.5 to 7 as far as performance is concerned?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just looked around and found out that the OS opts for MariaDB as default and is now 64 bit. If you deployments use MariaDB, you should be able to see performance improvement on the database side. MariaDB has been known for its drop replacement of MySQL and is superior to it in performance.

I'm not aware of any other significant improvements.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Manish Goyal
    Hello
    Can any guide me why one should consider upgrading centos 6.5 to centos 7?
    What are the major upgrades from 6.5 to 7 as far as performance is concerned?
    You should wait for couple more revisions before jumping into CentOS 7 (Maybe 7.2/7.3) Afaik, CentOS 7 is first release after joining with RHEL and bam! they've adopted systemd init. I have read in forums that cPanel don't work in CentOS7, maybe due to init change. Apart from that I am not much aware of performance improvements. But yeah, the new upgrade system sounds bloody cool (similar to 'redhat-upgrade-tool').

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The two new phones from Micromax are proud to present their ultra long lasting batteries. Aptly named Micromax Canvas Juice 3 and Juice 3+, these two phones boast of powerful...
Happy engineers day sir 😀 Sir currently iam doing my pgdac in kolkata i am from ece background and after the sort of training they are providing here i am...
Good Evening one and all .Happy engineers (crazyengineers)day to every one who are there in this group. Coming to my miniproject we have selected java based domain .Now me&my team...
I'm from EEE stream.John Deere is coming to our college for recruitment.Will the written test paper(technical queations) same for all the branches??Please anyone clarify my doubt..
which language and software are required to devlope cloud apps.......................