CE Mock Aptitude Test II (31 July) Questions & Answer Discussions

Theses are the answers for today's test:

1. A pile has 34 coins. Two friends Rekha and Rakhi are playing a game in which each of them draws 2 or 3 coins from the a pile of 34 coins. The person to draw the last coin is the loser. How many coins should Rekha draw to ensure her win if she is the first one to draw?

• 3 (Answer)
  • Either 2 or 3
  • Rekha cannot win

2. Find the odd man out.

• Square
  • Triangle
  • Cube (Answer)
  • Circle

3. If the time in the clock is 10 hours 40 minutes, then what time does its mirror image show?

• 1 Hour 25 minutes
  • 1 hour 15 minutes
  • 1 hour 20 minutes (Answer)
  • 2 hours 20 minutes

4. I have a box of dimensions 10 * 10 * 5 cm. What is the length of the largest stick that I can keep inside the box?

• 15 (Answer)
  • 10*sqrt(2)
  • 10*sqrt(3)
  • sqrt(125)

5. The diagonals of a rhombus are 12 cm and 16 cm. Find the perimeter of the rhombus.

• 18 (Answer)

6. The LCM and HCF of two numbers are 36 and 2 respectively. How many such pairs of numbers exist?

• One
  • Four
  • Three
  • Two (Answer)

7. A certain number x has 8 factors. Which of the following cannot be the possible number of factors of x[SUP]3[/SUP]?

• 20 (Answer)

8. Ramesh takes 2 hours less than Suresh to drive a distance of 300 Km. If Ramesh halves his speed, he would take 1 hour more than Suresh for the same journey. Find Ramesh’s speed.

• 120 Km/hr
  • 100 Km/hr (Answer)
  • 75 Km/hr
  • 60 Km/hr

9. Find the next number in the series: 41, 47, 59, 67, 73, ?

• 83 (Answer)

10. Find the next letter in the series: B, E, K, Q, ?

• U
  • W (Answer)
  • X
  • V

11. Consider four digit numbers for which the first two digits are equal and the last two digits are also equal. How many such numbers are perfect squares?

• 1 (Answer)

12. Ten years ago, the ages of the members of a joint family of eight people added up to 231 years. Three years later, one member died at the age of 60 years and a child was born during the same year. After another three years, one more member died, again at 60, and a child was born during the same year. The current average age of this eight member joint family is nearest to:

• 24 (Answer)

13. If n = 1+x, where x is the product of 4 consecutive natural numbers, then n is

(a) an odd number (b) an even number (c) a prime number (d) a perfect square

• b only
  • a only
  • a and d only (Answer)
  • a and c only

14. If each interior angle of a regular polygon of n sides is 135. Find the value of n.

• 8 (Answer)

15. In a farm, which has only cocks and cows, total count of legs was 12 less than 4 times the number of heads. Number of cocks is 4 more than cows. How many legs are counted?

• 20 (Answer)

16. In how many ways can the letters of the word EDUCATION be rearranged so that the relative position of the vowels and consonants remain the same as in the word EDUCATION?

• 9!/4!
  • 9!/(4!*5!)
  • 9!/5!
  • 4!*5! (Answer)

17. Jimmy runs 30 m towards west, turns left and runs 10 m, then turns right and runs 5 m, then runs 2 m to his left and 12 m to the right. Finally he turns left and runs 7 m. In which direction is he running now?

• East
  • South (Answer)
  • West
  • North

18. X can do a piece of work in 24 days and the same work can be done my Y in 18 days. If both of them started the work together after how many should X leave so that the work is done in 12 days?

• 8 (Answer)

19. Find the greatest power of 25 in 200!

• 24 (Answer)

20. The selling price of an article is 20% less than its marked price. The cost price of the same article is 20% less than its selling price. By what percentage is the marked price more than cost price?

• 56 (Answer)

21. Find the remainder when 1740 is divided by 32?

• 12 (Answer)

22. Suppose you have a currency, named Miso, in three denominations: 1 Miso, 10 Misos and 50 Misos. In how many ways can you pay a bill of 107 Misos?

• 15 (Answer)

23. What is the circum-radius of the triangle whose sides are 16 cm, 63 cm and 65 cm?

• 37.5 cm
  • 36 cm
  • 32.5 cm (Answer)
  • 21 cm

24. My mother’s brother’s son’s mother is related to my maternal aunt as

• Mother
  • Aunt
  • Sister-In-Law (Answer)
  • Mother-In-Law

25. Water flowing at the rate of 9 m per minute through a straight pipe of sectional area 80 cm[SUP]2[/SUP] fills a square cistern 3 m deep in 16 hours. What is the length of the cistern?

• 3.7 m
  • 4.8 m (Answer)
  • 5.8 m
  • 6.3 m

26. Select the option that fills in the blanks most suitably: It is the __________ emotional effect of complex matrix of individual needs, desires and drives, making for a _________ across a broad spectrum of bands among which the most _________ have to do with psychological aspects, economical salients, cultural factors, circumstantial influences, and level of expectations.

• accumulated, continuity, prominent
  • sum-total, flow, important
  • cumulative, continuum, significant (Answer)
  • total, level, striking

27. ________ the ‘trust gap’ between the government and the people by ________ feeling the pulse of public opinion through professional surveys, civil society associations, media comments and the like, and organizing the work in _________ to citizen customers needs and expectations.

• narrowed, regularly, regards
  • close, constantly, deference (Answer)
  • bridge, occasionally, respect
  • mend, sometimes, reference

28. For each question, select the alternative that exhibits a similar relationship as shown in the questions pair.

DAGGER : SCABBARD ::

• bow : quiver
  • lasso : saddle
  • pistol : holster (Answer)
  • rifle : sight

29. WOOD : SAND ::

• coal : burn
  • brick : lay
  • oil : polish
  • metal : burnish (Answer)

30. Para Jumbles: Arrange following sentences in correct order to form a coherent paragraph.

1. It is situated in south western Luzon on Manila Bay where the Pasig River which flows through the city, enters the bay.

2. Manila is the capital and largest city of Philippines and the second largest metropolitan area in South East Asia (after Jakarta, Indonesia).

3. The city proper has a population of 1,876,194 (1990).

4. In 1975, the city of Manila merged with 16 surrounding communities (including the formal capital Quezone city) to form one government unit.

• 2,1,4,3 (Answer)

31. 1. The star catalogue of Greek astronomer Ptolemy, which was a recompilation of an earlier catalogue by Hipparchus, used these classes.

2. The brightest stars were assigned magnitude 1 and those increasingly fainter from 2 down to magnitude 5.

3. The modern system of magnitudes is an extension of the system developed in ancient Greece and Rome, when stars were grouped in 5 classes of brightness.

4. In astronomy, magnitude is a measure of the brightness of a celestial body.

• 4,3,1,2 (Answer)

32. Select the option that does not belong to the group.

• Recalcitrant
  • Intractable
  • Unwilling
  • Eager (Answer)

33. Select the option that does not belong to the group.

• Subversion
  • Inception (Answer)
  • Sedition
  • Subterfuge

34. Select the option that does not belong to the group.

• Lackey
  • Flunky
  • Bootlicker
  • Obsequious (Answer)

35. POEM : ELEGY ::

• dance : march
  • literature : novel
  • music : ditty
  • song : dirge (Answer)

36. I have a sum of Rs. 4 in 5 paise coins. The total number of coins with me, cannot be:

• 30 (Answer)

37. If Rs. x be divided between A and B in the ratio a/b : c/d, then the share of A is:

• abx/ad + bc
  • adx/ad + bc (Answer)
  • abx/ac + bd
  • adx/ab + cd

38. The diameter of a coin is 1 cm. If four such coins are placed on a table so that the rim of each touches that of the other two, then the area of the unoccupied space between them is:
(Hint: Take value of pie = 3.1416)

• 0.315 sq.cm
  • 0.215 sq.cm (Answer)
  • 0.345 sq.cm
  • 0.525 sq.cm

39. The first 100 multiples of 10 i.e. 10, 20, 30, ....... 1000 are multiplied together. How many zeroes will be there at the end of the product?

• 122 (Answer)

40. A train running between two towns arrives at its destination 10 minutes late when it goes 40 kmph and 16 minutes late when it goes 30 kmph. The distance between the two towns is:

• 11 km
  • 13 km
  • 14 km
  • 12 km (Answer)

41. Four companies A, B, C, and D declared their results for the financial year. No two companies have either the same income or the same profit. The income of company A is greater than that of company B and its profit is less than that of company C. The income as well as the profit of company C is greater than that of company D. Company B has the third highest income and its profit is less than that of company D. Profit of company B is not as much as that of company A.

Which company has the highest income?

• A
  • B
  • C
  • Either 1 or 3 (Answer)

42. Which company has the second highest profit?

• B
  • C
  • D
  • Cannot be determined (Answer)

43. Which company has the least income?

• D (Answer)
  • C
  • B
  • A

44. How many companies have more profit than company B?

• One
  • Two
  • Three (Answer)
  • Four

45. If no company has the same position in profit and income, which company has the second highest profit?

• A
  • B
  • C
  • Cannot be determined (Answer)

46. Six boys - Sonu. Monu, Tinu, Chiku, Ramu and Tyagi are sitting in a row facing the same direction. Sonu is not adjacent to Chiku but adjacent to Ramu. Tyagi is adjacent to both Monu and Tinu. Neither Sonu nor Ramu is sitting at the extreme ends and Tinu is to the left of Sonu but not to the right of Monu. Who is sitting at the extreme right?

• Monu
  • Tinu
  • Tyagi
  • Chiku (Answer)

47. Who is sitting at the extreme left?

• Monu
  • Tinu (Answer)
  • Tyagi
  • Chiku
48. Read the information given below, and answer the questions that follow.

P,Q,R,S,T,U and V are seven positive integers.

a) PQ is odd. b) R+ST is odd.
c) PS is odd. d) U-V is odd.

How many of the given integers are odd?

• 5 (Answer)

49. How many of the given integers are even?

• 2 (Answer)

50. Which of the following can not both be odd?

• P and Q
  • R and S
  • Q and U
  • R and T (Answer)

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    pls verify 17 ques...
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    please i have a feedback regarding the test : firstly i never seen any button :save and continue, only submit button is showing
    when i clicked on any radio button do we not any option to again deselect if i want to skip that question?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    pls verify 17 ques...
    Check again. He should point towards west.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    please i have a feedback regarding the test : firstly i never seen any button :save and continue, only submit button is showing
    when i clicked on any radio button do we not any option to again deselect if i want to skip that question?
    We've checked this multiple times on various browsers. Which browser did you use?
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    @akd will you please explain Q 9.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    • 1 (Answer)
    32X54=1728. 1740-1728=12 😀

THE QUESTION WAS WRONG 😐 but mistakes happen. Never mind. 😀 Keep smiling brothers and their sisters. 😛
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    28/250 10 correct 11 wrong 😔
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    cooldudeiet
    pls verify 17 ques...
    i think he will go SOUTH.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @ya ishu i find the same 😀 for the remainder one..
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I agree with ishu.....the answer should be 12....

P.S: I didnt get my score.....did i score in negative.....😛
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    H.Ali
    i think he will go SOUTH.
    I too think so....he should go south....
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    The_Big_K
    Check again. He should point towards west.
    can u please explain using arrow direction as every one getting south and i used chrome..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Options corrected in Q 21.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Yes,I agree with south.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah go in the right direction people! The answer is south. 😀

Mistakes happen. Never mind. Give or take a few marks. Just laugh and keep cool. 😛 😛 😛
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    ishutopre
    • 1 (Answer)
    32X54=1728. 1740-1728=12 😀

THE QUESTION WAS WRONG 😐
    yes the question is wrong. i spend more time in it 😔
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    so please i think q 21: that should not be count in question as people confused ,and please verify the question 47 as well..(Who is sitting at the extreme left? answers should be MONU )but marked as TINU there?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We verified. The Answer is 'SOUTH'. Looks like

Regarding Question #21 -

The question was actually 17[SUP]40[/SUP] Divided by 32. The HTML editor didn't convert the 'raised to' part and showed the number as 1740. Darn! 😡

We'll have to take care of such issues in future tests!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    cooldudeiet
    and please verify the question 47 as well..(Who is sitting at the extreme left? answers should be MONU )but marked as TINU there?
    Q 47 IS CORRECT. BOTH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ARE CORRECT.

The correct sequence was Tinu, Tyagi, Monu, Ramu, Sonu, Chiku. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The top scorers are:
    1. CEan- adidoc
    2. CEan - cooldudeiet
    3. CEan - ambarish ganesh
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    how many peaple attended the the test??
    whats the points scored by the toppers?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    46. Six boys - Sonu. Monu, Tinu, Chiku, Ramu and Tyagi are sitting in a row facing the same direction. Sonu is not adjacent to Chiku but adjacent to Ramu. Tyagi is adjacent to both Monu and Tinu. Neither Sonu nor Ramu is sitting at the extreme ends and Tinu is to the left of Sonu but not to the right of Monu. Who is sitting at the extreme right?
    • Monu
    • Tinu
    • Tyagi
    • Chiku (Answer)
    First condition:
    Sonu is not adjacent to Chiku but adjacent to Ramu
    So it should be Sonu Ramu or Ramu Sonu

Second condition
    Tyagi is adjacent to both Monu and Tinu
    So it is A Monu Tyagi Tinu or B Tinu Tyagi Monu

Third condition:
    Neither Sonu nor Ramu is sitting at the extreme ends
    So
    Sonu and Ramu are sitting somewhere IN BETWEEN

Fourth condition:
    Tinu is to the left of Sonu but not to the right of Monu
    So
    Tinu is sitting at the LEFT of both Sonu and Monu

So from the the condition
    B is true.

So we have
    A Tinu Tyagi Monu Ramu Sonu or BTinu Tyagi Monu Sonu Ramu

This leaves Chiku to the EXTREME RIGHT.

So the final positions are
    Tinu Tyagi Monu Ramu Sonu Chiku 😀 or Tinu Tyagi Monu Sonu Ramu Chiku 😀

47. Who is sitting at the extreme left?
    • Monu
    • Tinu (Answer)
    • Tyagi
    • Chiku
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    For question 5, I'm getting 40 as the answer. But the answer is given to be 18. Please check.

Other than that, I think everything is fine. And that 17[sup]40[/sup] question is real bad luck.. It's a good question.

If there are any doubts about any question, feel free to ask here. I'll try to answer them. 😀
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    thnx ishu 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    silverscorpion
    I'll try to answer them. 😀
    Same here. 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    silverscorpion
    For question 5, I'm getting 40 as the answer.
    Yes the answer needs revision. Just noticed it when I was tallying my score again.

5. The diagonals of a rhombus are 12 cm and 16 cm. Find the perimeter of the rhombus.
    • 18 (Answer)
    Diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular bisectors of each other.

[​IMG]

So from Pythagoras theorem each side equals 10 units. and the perimeter is 40 units. 😀
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    hey can anybody explain me the solution for Q.36
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    this is simple ....write all the prime numbers from 41 to 73
    they are 41,43,47,53,59,61,67,71,73.....the series given in Q.9 is 41,47,59,67,73.....the logic here is the alternate prime no.s ..so our ans will be the second successive prime number after 73...that is 83 is the answer...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Solution to question no. 36:
    I have a sum of Rs. 4 in 5 paise coins. The total number of coins with me, cannot be:

• 30 (Answer)
    5x + 50y = 400
    OR
    x+ 10y = 80
    All the other values of (x+y) (except 30) give unique solution to the equation.
    Hence, the answer is 30.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

need not b a very advanced one (u can also give advanced ) but should be a place to be explore.
Hi friends, If u are in need of computer related projects please contact ph no:<1234567890>
[h=1]Future car technologies[/h]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ​ The Chevrolet Volt is a plug-in hybrid electric car that went on sale in 2010. The Audi RSQ sports coupé from the...
Hey ceans......Please help me I want model numners of SCR's and MOSFET for some project work of below rating........If u have any please post here........Voltage: 12-24 VCurrent: 20-25 Anot having...
ABSTRACT​This is project about Cloud Computing; in our project we are developing a Cloud to show the computing power of cloud and Virtual O.S. This cloud will be used to...