CE InFocus - What's your take?

CEans,

Ever since enabling CE-InFocus, our RSS posting bot which gathers feeds from various tech blogs, I've received mix response from all of you.

Mods may not like it (for obvious reasons πŸ˜€ ) , but lot of CEans have reported that they find InFocus posts useful.

What's your take on InFocus? Should it stay on CE or should it be disabled?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What reasons? πŸ˜›

I think the bot should slow down a little. Any comments that were posted in those threads quickly gets lost and swept off. In addition, a lot of the posts, while somewhat interesting, are not related to engineering disciplines per se.. its mostly about gadgets, Web 2.0 start ups, etc.

Feeds from IEEE Spectrum, Popular Mechanics & Popular Science would be more relevant and worthy of discussions πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PopSci & PopMech feeds is a good option. Currently we display feeds from TechCrunch, Engadget and Lifehacker.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    It should not be disabled. It is certainly useful πŸ˜€. And one thing It would be very nice, if we have feeds more relevant to engineering disciplines as ash said.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Frankly speaking I sometimes find it irritating. I ban humans for posting similar stuff it posts sometimes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Patty: Maybe Infocus should reduce the frequency of posting stuff. πŸ˜€ I know it's frustrating when you see 80 new threads and half of them are by InFocus πŸ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    seriously. It needs to slow down, its not like a discussion thread its more of a information dump πŸ˜” before any one can discuss about an interesting stuff , all it gets is lost in million threads above it.

Can we slow Mr.BOT down? he needs a break!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No Man !! Do not slow down its frequency. Its Bot not a human, It don't have much intelligence to pick the useful posts always. But, many of its posts are very useful. Generally I read around 20-30 posts from CE-InFoucus.

Also, CE-InFocus is one of the main reason of my being coming back to CE. So request from biggi to not to think about closing this chapter; unless its eating the space/bandwidth πŸ˜€mrgreen: means eating your pocket😁)

-CB
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    It'll do good to slow down the bot a bit.
    Although a fan of Infocus posts, I find it difficult to browse thru a large number of posts and read only a select few.
    So, if it slows down, I can read more of those posts. Just a small deceleration would do..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've just checked. I'm not sure if it's possible to slow down the frequency. The blogs we subscribe to add lot of content regularly, that's why we get so many posts from them.

However, if we subscribe to blogs that are less frequently updated, we will be able to have a slower InFocus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yo CEans! In conjuction with IEEE's 125th Anniversary, IEEE has a cool initiative called "Celebrating 125 Years of Engineering the Future". Quote: By celebrating this milestone anniversary, you honor the...
Hi,friends Just try solving this puzzle It goes like this πŸ˜€ "In a van there are 7 people,and each of them carry 7 bags. Each bag contains 7 cats. Each...
All of us do read news papers / watch -observe news on TV/Internet. Why do not we make an thread in which we post the headlines of that particular day....
Around 5 years back I was active member of a MBA forum. I left that forum when I left MBA preparations. Today again I visited that forum and was astonished...
Since last 5-6 days I am facing a typical problem with Chrome and Firefox. In both the browsers all the images are appearing as blurred. Do not know what is...